Texas-San Antonio

Twogether in Texas

Has anyone done the Twogether in Texas pre-marital 8hr course? I received an email today about it and I think we'll probably do it but wanted to see if any of your have done it.
Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013

Re: Twogether in Texas

• I would do it.  FI and I did a premarital education course and it knocked $60 off the cost of our license (It was originally $66 and we paid $6).  This was in Bexar County at the courthouse.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Try contacting the St. Mary's University Family Life Center, they offer it and it only costs a $29 donation, if you take it you get the license fee waived, except for the $6 processing fee, and you don't have to wait the 72 application time frame.
    PersonalMilestone
  • Try contacting the St. Mary's University Family Life Center, they offer it and it only costs a $29 donation, if you take it you get the license fee waived, except for the $6 processing fee, and you don't have to wait the 72 application time frame.
    PersonalMilestone
  • We did it through Community Bible Church. They only thing you pay for is the workbooks. I'm glad we went through it. I think it's helped out our relationship some.
  • We did it for free at a community family center.  check the website for options.  There is no need to pay a huge amount for it unless you are familiar with the church and want to meet a specific minister for it.  

We enjoyed it.  Ours was done from a course guide with books.  There was a lot of activities and talking about plans.  Some of the most insightful stuff was seeing what he thought marriage was compared to what I thought marriage was.  We were pretty close, but it was good to know things we might not have talked about before.

They also talked about things like "what makes you feel loved?" and "what do you do to show you love?"  My husband finally understood that a hug meant more than words to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My church sent us to Family Life's A Weekend to Remember, a 3 day marriage seminar. Since we are engaged we were in the pre-married program and that allowed us to qualify for it.
  • My church sent us to Family Life's A Weekend to Remember, a 3 day marriage seminar. Since we are engaged we were in the pre-married program and that allowed us to qualify for it.
  • We did ours at Granberry Hills Event Center. It was actually really interesting, and we enjoyed it. They always had snacks, and we met another couple there that we talked to. I highly recommend it! Some stuff you may already know, but it is better to get a realistic view of marriage before you jump in! Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards