Catholic Weddings

Gifts for Eucharistic Ministers, Altar Servers, Gift Bearers...

I am having a full Catholic Mass and I am having a hard time finding the etiquette on thank you gifts for Eucharistic Ministers, altar servers and gift bearers. I know I need to get gifts for my readers and greeters, but I can't figure out if it is necessary to get something for the above mentioned people as well. Thought?

Re: Gifts for Eucharistic Ministers, Altar Servers, Gift Bearers...

• Good question - would like to know this too. It's usually $$ for the altar servers, but don't know about the rest.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We did. Readers were DH's Aunt and sister and we got them both a thoughtful card with a gift card to somewhere they like to shop (I think it was $15-20 so not huge amount). Our two gift bearers were friends and also acted as ushers and we treated them as part of the wedding party (ie. traveled with us, took pictures with the wedding party etc) so we got them gifts in the same price range as the bridesmaids and groomsmen and shopped like it was their birthday. Altar server we did not know and was assigned by the church so he got a card and $. I don't remember what we did for the Eucharistic ministers (who were DH's Aunt and Uncle). I think we at least got them a card and thanked them. We may have given them a joint gift card to a restaurant they enjoy but I don't remember for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards