Texas-Austin

central texas honeymoon spots?

Hi guys,
  My Fi and I are really wanting to have a close to home honeymoon. It's cheaper for us and we think it'd be fun to just find a secluded place and check out little towns and walk the main streets, etc.
 I've thought about renting a house for a few days in Wimberly or somewhere near there.  Anywhere in central Texas really.

I was curious if anyone has heard of any interesting secluded spots to stay. Even in towns we've never heard of would be nice. We just want to keep it cozy and secluded.

Thanks! :)

Re: central texas honeymoon spots?

• Gruene, TX is such a cute little town! They have really great antique shops along the main streets, and it's right on the river (not sure which, I think it's the Guadalupe, but I could be wrong) so you can go tubing if you wanted. It's also really close to New Braunfels, so you could take a day trip there too and go to Schlitterbahn or something. HTH!
  • There's also a ton of Bed and breakfasts in Fredrickburg along with wineries and antique shops and of course Luckenbach. If you want Austin specifically, there are hidden gems like Hotel San Jose on South Congress.  You could also look into cabin rentals in Blanco or Marble Falls.
  • I second Gruene - that town is so pretty and the food there is amazing!  If you go there, try the Gristmill.  Order the ribs and the tomatillo verde salsa.  OMG, so gooood!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards