Nevada-Las Vegas

Stupid Purchase?

anyone buy anything that you later thought was a stupid purchase? or you just didn't use it? 

me I'm looking at cupcake wrappers, and i'm thinking hmmm should i or should i not get this LOL
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Stupid Purchase?

• For me, I think it was my dress because now I want a different one. :-(
    I know that's not the same but I'm regretting it.
  • For me it was my whole initial wedding, we had a large amount planned here in Phoenix and then I decided I didn't want any of it haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @rosebubbly - same thing for me.  I bought my dress too fast and have seen SO many others that I like more....  I wish I would have done more shopping before making a decision.
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • I love my dress, don't get me wrong on that, i was looking for the cheapest dress and I found it but I should have bought a dress that fit me, so now it has to have a lot of alterations done to it, I am lucky that my friend is fixing it so a bit of a discount there. 

I understand that whole initial wedding.....now looking back we have stressed over so many things! We planned so much up here in Washington to begin with and then decided to scrap it and do it in Vegas
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dbacksgirldbacksgirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    Add me to the "Second Guess Dress Club" too!

I bought mine (first dress) at a fundraising event.  It was 2 sizes too big but my seamstress kept telling me that she could make anything fit me like a glove, as long as it wasn't too SMALL.  I liked the cause (raises money for weddings for brides with terminally ill family members) and I knew it was helping them to make a purchase so I went ahead and did it, even though the dress didn't fit and it needed to be cleaned.  Once my sister got here for a visit, she went with me to the alterations shop and I kept fussing in the dress.  It is really pretty but it's not the one for me.  We both could tell pretty quickly after getting it on in the store.  I ended up buying a different dress last weekend but I am still questioning my decision.  Everyone ELSE said it was flattering on me but it is COMPLETELY different than anything I imagined buying from the start.  Like, seriously... this design would have never entered my mind.  My sister picked it out and made me try it on.  I liked it, but I didn't LOVE it.  I think once I put a few of my own touches on it (changing the bodice to sweetheart instead of straight across, adding a corset back, etc.) I may love it.  For right now though, I'm sweating my decision a bit, especially since our wedding has gone from a very small, intimate thing to a much bigger "event."  I hate having my photo taken and all that stuff anyway (that will work well for a wedding, right?!?!) and thinking all eyes will be on me in a dress that I don't love just makes me want to throw up a little bit.  That said, it really is a gorgeous dress and I got a really good deal on it.  I just keep hearing people say over and over, "Oh, you'll know when you find THE ONE."  Is that always true?  Because if so, I might be screwed.  LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • for me I never wanted a lace up the back b/c every one has that here and now I have to have one, also my shoes, i paid a lot of money for my shoes and b/c the guy did such a horrible job on them I don't even want to look at them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I have gone back and forth on the dress as well, I love my dress and was only $199 at a brides against breast cancer event.  I am so stinkin' short and now I am a bit smaller than my pre-pregnancy size, its cost $350 to alter.  We budgeted for $1200 dress and $300 in alterations, but I still feel maybe I should have just gone and gotten a dress that fit, like a department store because I will be changing anyways.  I have had some feeling that the whole wedding is a bit much for my taste.  I love it, but I wonder if a courthouse wedding would have been a better fit for me.  I hate being the center of attention, and I hate planing.  This was part of the reason we choose vegas in the first place.  I won't regret it in the end, I know that.  We have a wonderful group of people coming down, relatively drama free and it will be a memory.  I am just very practical money-wise, so this whole wedding thing is out of character for me.  
  • If you think weddings are bad, you should see all the unopened or never used crap lying around our house that my wife thought our baby would die by not having. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I bought over a year ago when I was engaged, light blue wine bottle covers.  Yes, on sale but still wont ever use them.  If I get married again wont do anything with them. 
  • a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    If you think weddings are bad, you should see all the unopened or never used crap lying around our house that my wife thought our baby would die by not having. :-)

Haha I am a horrible person.  After 5 (yes 5) baby showers we have a room of unopened baby crap.  Seriously, everyone was like omg you must have_____ or I wouldn't have been lost with out______.  I'm not sure what to do with it all now.  Don't even get me started on DD clothes lol.
  • i sold all of our unopened never used must have baby crap LOL!!!!

We did Vegas b/c the thought of a huge wedding made me super anxious!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh here's a funny story.  My inlaws have been married for 33 years, before registries were as common as they are now.  Anyway, they got a ton of things they did not find particularly useful, and they still have them sitting in a warehouse that my FIL owns because they said they'd feel guilty if they did anything like sell, re-gift, throw out, etc.  So... if anyone needs a 33 year old food processor, I know where to find it.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I'm so glad someone else can commiserate with my dress issue! I think I'm gonna take the plunge and buy another dress. The first dress is a beautiful evening gown, very glass, elegant and romantic. But I feel like vegas calls for something a little more fun!
  • Omg, I swear to god, I am not normally a bad speller...or actually drunk. I need to stop posting on forums on my ipad, because misspellings are rampant by me. I meant to say classy dress, not glass.
  • lol I saw glass and read class :) if that helps at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards