Michigan-Detroit

Honeymoon Ideas

What is everyone thinking about doing for a Honeymoon? There are so many options..we are just starting to think about this!

Re: Honeymoon Ideas

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

It all depends on your budget and what YOU want to do.

We weren't going to have a honeymoon because of my H's job, but his boss found out and made him take a couple days off lol. A person I work with offered us their time share because of a last minute change in plans on their end and we booked our flights like 10 days before our wedding lol. We went to Siesta Keys in Florida and it was amazing.

• *elle.*elle. member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    We are getting married this month (eek!) and will be leaving for our honeymoon on May 22nd. We're flying into Barcelona for a few days, then taking a week long Mediterranean cruise to France and Italy and then heading back for a few more days in Barcelona. Can.not.wait.
  • kaccjskaccjs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Just booked ours yesterday.   We are getting married in August and taking our honeymoon in September.   Going to Napa for 4 days then on to Hawaii for 10 days (Kauai and Oahu).   Can't wait!! 

• We're going to Barcelona too! 3 nights there, 4 in Madrid, with a day trip to Seville. :) Leaving the day after the wedding.

• Because my aunt made a mistake with the family timeshare, we get a week's stay at a timeshare almost anywhere in the world (!). Our pie-in-the-sky option is Croatia, but it's more likely we'll end up going somewhere in the Caribbean purely because plane tickets will be half the price. This winter was so harsh here, all I can think about right now is a warm sunny beach and one of those drinks that tastes amazing on a warm sunny beach but disgustingly sweet anywhere else.
  • Croatia! That sounds amazing!! 

We are doing 2 weeks in South Africa- a week on safari and a week in Cape Town.  We have a winery day and great white shark cage diving booked, will probably play the rest by ear.  Only thing left to book is the flights, I keep hoping they will go down a bit more but probably need to do it soon!  We planned our wedding date (end of Dec) around when we could take the most vacation time off work.  I'm so excited.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just got back from our honeymoon a few weeks ago and it was in Puerto Rico! I loved it. It's nice because you don't need a passport, you have so many of the conveniences of being in America (looking for a CVS pharmancy with everything you would expect in it? right down the street), but you still get the feel of being in another country, around another culture,etc. If you are interested I do have some very good tips on where you might want to stay for part of your honeymoon. We stayed half the week in Old San Juan and the other half in the rain forest. I highly recommend doing that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards