Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Processional Music

I am trying to decide on music for the processional for the ceremony. My DJ gave me the idea to have 4 different songs for the processional... one for the seating of the mothers, one for the bridesmaids, one for the ring bearer, and one for me. Does that seem like too much? I'm afraid it is going to sound choppy and thrown together. I think I am going to come down the aisle to "Marry Me" by Train.. any suggestions for the other ones? I do not want instrumental music..our ceremony is outside and I think it would make it too formal. Only 2 more weeks until I'm a married lady! :)

Re: Processional Music

• I am trying to decide on music for the processional for the ceremony. My DJ gave me the idea to have 4 different songs for the processional... one for the seating of the mothers, one for the bridesmaids, one for the ring bearer, and one for me. Does that seem like too much? I'm afraid it is going to sound choppy and thrown together. I think I am going to come down the aisle to "Marry Me" by Train.. any suggestions for the other ones? I do not want instrumental music..our ceremony is outside and I think it would make it too formal. Only 2 more weeks until I'm a married lady! :)

That does seem like a lot to me. We did three: one for seating of mothers (The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, by Handel), Clarke's Trumpet Voluntary for the BMs/RBs, then Canon in D for me to walk down the aisle to.

Our organist was really good at fading out one and starting the next song; your DJ should be able to do that, too.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • We're doing 3 as well. 4 seems excessive. 

We're doing: Panis Angelicus by Cezar Franck for the mothers, Arioso from Cantata 156 by Bach for the bridesmaids and Promenade from Pictures at an Exhibition by Mussorgsky for me. The FG & RB will walk down the isle during the Bach Arioso after the bridesmaids. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We're also doing 3.

Wonderful Tonight by Vitamin String Quartet for the mothers, Bach's Air for the bridesmaids (and flower girl and ring bearer), and an instrumental version of the Flower Duet from Lakme for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm only doing one song. But the only people walking are the mothers, MOH/BM and then me. Our ceremony is also outdoors. I choose The Piano Guy's version of A Thousand Years. 
  • I'm only doing one song. But the only people walking are the mothers, MOH/BM and then me. Our ceremony is also outdoors. I choose The Piano Guy's version of A Thousand Years. 

I will be walking down to A Thousand Years by the Piano Guys too!

The mothers and my bridesmaids will be walking down to Canon in D.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards