Wedding Party
Options

kids gifts

My daughter and my niece are my flower girls, and my FI's nephew and godson are ring bearers..  I have their gifts, no problem.  The problem is that FI's nephew has 2 twin sisters that are 6.  They will  be the only other kids at the rehearsal as his brother is also a GM.  I feel like since I am giving all the other kids something that night that I should have something for these two little girls even though they aren't part of the wedding party.  I know how kids can be and at 6 years old they would probably feel left out if they are the only 2 out of 6 kids who don't have SOMETHING...  I can't really afford to get 2 more of what I am getting the other kids (custom made personalized coloring book/crayon holder bag "thingie" and putting in a coloring book and crayons plus some snacks) so I'm thinking something else.  Should I just get them the coloring books, crayons, and snacks but not the custom holder, or something completely different?

Re: kids gifts

• Options
    I asked a similar question on another thread and was told that you don't have to give gifts to siblings who are not in the wedding.  Kids need to learn that they don't always get stuff that their siblings get.  If you were to go to one of the kid's birthday parties, would you give gifts to all the siblings of the birthday child?

Though I still am considering getting the siblings something.  But then, do I also have to get something for the other kids there who aren't siblings of the wedding party?  It becomes a slippery slope, so probably not.
  • Options
    I'd not worry about it, because kids do need to learn that just because someone else is getting something doesn't mean you get something.

But, if you wanted to, you could go to target and get a coloring book and crayons out of the dollar zone.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I know I don't HAVE to...  but I kind of want to.  You are right, it's a lesson kids need to learn, but I think at a birthday party it is different because there is one child getting presents and the majority of the other kids aren't - no one is singled out as the only one without a gift.  However, in this situation where most of the other kids ARE getting it and the twins aren't seems sad.  At the rehearsal it will literally only be these 6 kids (the rest are in HS or older) so I don't have to worry about other siblings, just these 2.  It's not really a question of IF I should or not, as I'm almost positive that I am going to, it more a matter of wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I should give them.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    It is considerate if unnecessary for you to give the other kids gifts.  Just stay within your budget.  You could ask their parents what we be appropriate.
  • Options
    If all the kids are getting coloring books and crayons, go ahead and get the twins that.  They don't need to have the personalized carrying bag.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards