Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invites to over 18 at college/out of college

I really hate the search function on this site because you can't sort by date or relevancy. So I know this question has been asked before.

1) For kids in college, do I send them their own invite to their parent's house or can I include them on their parent's invitation?
2) What if they will be turning 18 around the time I am sending the invites? Do I send them their own invite or can I include them on their parent's invitation?
3) Now they are out of college, but still living at home, do they get their own invite? 
4) Out of country invites to a family that have two daughters in college; do I send one invite or 3? 

Thanks for the advice! And I really hope I still have enough invites after I sort this out. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Invites to over 18 at college/out of college

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Anyone over age 18 should be sent their own invitation, regardless of where they live or their education status. They should also be invited with their significant other, if they have one, so it's much simpler to send their own rather than addressing one envelope to:

Mom and Dad Smith
    Junior Smith
    Sally Jones
    Suzie Smith
    Buster Brown

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Anyone over age 18 should be sent their own invitation, regardless of where they live or their education status. They should also be invited with their significant other, if they have one, so it's much simpler to send their own rather than addressing one envelope to:

Mom and Dad Smith
    Junior Smith
    Sally Jones
    Suzie Smith
    Buster Brown
    This.  Also, for anyone in college, I'd send the invitation to their parents' home unless they are actually living somewhere near the college.  If you send it to their dorm, the invitation might get returned to you if it arrives at the dorm between semesters.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:

Mom and Dad Smith
    Junior Smith
    Sally Jones
    Suzie Smith
    Buster Brown
    This.  Also, for anyone in college, I'd send the invitation to their parents' home unless they are actually living somewhere near the college.  If you send it to their dorm, the invitation might get returned to you if it arrives at the dorm between semesters.
    Ooh yeah I meant to mention that. Good catch.

• Options
    Grabows14Grabows14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    OK thanks for advice!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    For any kids in college, I sent the invitation to their parents' homes and then let them know it was there. Sometimes with dorms, roommates, etc, mail gets iffy for college kids. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Send anyone 18 and over (or close to it) their own invite.  They'll appreciate being treated more as a grown up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards