Honeymoon Discussions

Hotels with Honeymoon Perks

We aren't going on our actual "honeymoon" until later, but I wondered if certain hotels offer honeymoon specials (complimentary champagne, special rates, etc) since we will be spending our wedding night in a hotel. Thanks!

Re: Hotels with Honeymoon Perks

• KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Some do. You just need to ask around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Kimpton Hotels are famous for their extraordinary customer service. If you tell them when you book that it's for your honeymoon, you'll probably get a nice surprise in your room. We booked a night at one of their Philly hotels after our engagement and when we checked in, there was a bottle of champagne, cheese plate, fruit and fancy chocolates in our room, all under a big "Congratulations!" banner. Very sweet!
  • Almost every hotel chain that has an amenities list/in room dining will. Hiltons, Loews, Marriotts. Some will send some strawberries, some as extravagant as the PP. Usually, the more $$$ you spend, the nicer the amenity. 

imageimage

• delujm0delujm0 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Not sure for the wedding night, but if you work with a (good) travel agent for the full honeymoon they may be able to find you something.  Ours got us a "honeymoon rate" that, compared to the pulished website rate, was 50% off of the room price, included dinner in addition to breakfast (web price only included breakfast), and included a free dinner on the beach one night, 90 minute couples massage, gifts upon arrival, and daily afternoon snack left in our room (none of that was included in the online price).  We do have to bring a copy of our marriage license to prove that we have been married within a year from the time we get there.  I couldn't find anything like this for this paricuar resort anywhere else - good agents have access to more options.

Butbeware of agents that aren't so good.  Ask around for a recommendation and find someone who has personal (and preferably repeated) travel experience in the location you want to go. 

• We stayed at Hyatts during our honeymoon in Hawaii.  The first Hyatt in Waikiki upgraded our room and gave us free breakfast.  The second Hyatt gave us a photo album and champagne.
  • The hotel we stayed at the night of the wedding was awesome. They gave every guest who stayed from the wedding a free drink at the bar and breakfast in the morning. Our room had rose petals everywhere, champagne, and Hershey kisses in the shape of a heart. It was really a great surprise. One hotel we stayed at in Hawaii (uncle Billy's in Hilo) upgraded us to an ocean view room since it was our honeymoon which was nice of them.
  • Miclan88 was the wedding night hotel a Holiday Inn, by any chance? That is what we stayed at and they did the same. I was really impressed!
  • Pepper6Pepper6 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    It depends on the hotel.  Some will have specific offers that you can select while booking, others might upgrade you if you mention it at check-in, etc.  Definitely ask though, the worst they can say is no, but you never know what upgrades you could get.  

• Miclan88 was the wedding night hotel a Holiday Inn, by any chance? That is what we stayed at and they did the same. I was really impressed!

it was :)
  • Every Hilton we stayed in on our honeymoon in Europe gave us some type of perk when they found out it was our honeymoon. It varied based on the hotel. In some we had a bottle of wine or champagne and chocolates - another gave us free drink vouchers. I think it also helped that my husband had status from staying there on business a lot...but I could be wrong.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards