Nevada-Las Vegas

Planning a wedding from the uk

We are hopefully planning on marrying in Vegas in September 2015 (awaiting to see if my mum is fit to fly due to medical problems), Has anyone planned their wedding through virgin holidays? What are your experiences planning direct with hotels/ chapels? Currently looking at the aria chapel, chapel of the flowers and tropicana arbour wedding. Any help or advice would be lovely, no idea where to start! Lauren x
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Planning a wedding from the uk

• Hi Lauren, I'm from the UK too and got married in July '13. I booked the flights and hotel for our first 7 days in Vegas through Expedia as that was the cheapest option for us. Everything was arranged via email and I had no problems. I emailed loads of restaurants initially re. private dining for 11 guests and everyone responded quickly. My ceremony was at Caesars Juno Garden and meal afterwards at Canaletto at the Venetian. I started with a list of my preferred hotels on the strip and looked at their ceremony options, I was keen to have the ceremony outside. When I looked at the Juno Gardens I knew that was the one but I still took a fair bit of time to have a thorough look at all the other options. As I was set on staying at the Cosmopolitan I was keen to keep the ceremony and reception fairly mid strip. Do you have a preferred hotel? I'm sure @jiimanie booked with Virgin.
  • Hi there! Were also marrying in Vegas from the UK but in October 2015! We recently booked everything. We booked the flights and accommodation as a package through Virgin Holidays and they have so far been brilliant. We booked in one of the Debenhams store so face to face. They were really helpful! We then booked with the chapel direct because I just wanted to make sure we got the wedding exactly how we wanted and didn't want any room for error.

I would definitely speak to Virgin about exactly what their terms are for booking a wedding. I was told if we booked with them we could choose a 'rough time and date' but that they couldn't guarantee the date and time until nearer the day which freaked me out a little. They did say however, that if you book the wedding through them they can give you a box to put your dress in and you can carry it as part of your hand luggage for free!
  • P.S. We booked Chapel Of The Flowers which was so easy to do online, they even have online instant chat and have been super friendly!!
  • Thanks girls we already have our holiday booked which we did through virgin and are staying at the cosmopolitan which I'm so excited about! So helpful to talk to other people in my situation head is spinning with all the different options. Have you gone for a private reception or public meal? X
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Lauren,

I am also a UK bride, married recently at Little Church of the West which we booked direct with the chapel, we booked flights direct with Virgin (flying to Las Vegas and home from San Fran), we stayed in Vegas for 6 nights, two in the Aria, four in the Mirage, both booked directly with the hotel. We booked everything else direct with vendors too (mostly via email, only one payment was made over the phone) including reception dinner, photographer, strip tour in a double decker bus.

Our reception dinner was a private room in the Wynn buffet, the room holds 36 people max, and guests then can visit the buffet as much as they like - it was the perfect not-too-formal thing that we were looking for, with food that catered for all of our guests' tastes :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • spoon1984spoon1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    That's great I loved the Cosmopolitan! I booked my flights to go back to Vegas in July 2015 last weekend. I'm still coming on the forum as I love all the Vegas and wedding reviews! I was keen on a private room, although now I'd say I'd also be fine with a public meal. I booked the Il Moro room at Canaletto for three hours. There's no minimum fee to rent the room, which is unusual most private rooms seem to have a minimum spend. The set menus were customisable, range from approx $45-85 plus the obligatory 28% tax and gratuities. I was worried that with a small group of 11 it would be rather quiet in a private room, that was one of the reasons I started looking at Canaletto as the room overlooks 'st marks square' so with all the goings on in the square I thought that would create a better atmosphere. I nearly booked Bouchon's private room. They had a minimum for the room but I felt it was reasonable compared to other restaurants for our no. of guests around $1500, some private rooms for 11 guests had a $4000 minimum. Others I looked at were Scarpetta (Cosmo), Jean George's and Sirio at Aria, Sinatra and Maggiano's. How many guests are you expecting?
  • Hopefully around nine guests plus the two of us. Just close family then a party back in the uk. I quite like the look of a gazebo wedding outside, maybe chapel of flowers? Thanks for all the information so far x
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @laurenlozzy~ have you looked at the flamingo gazebo?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ssteele04‌ just had a look, looks lovely, any experience there yourself?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are getting married at the Flamingo indoor chapel, @valeriecruz82 got married at the Flamingo and by her pics it was super nice! 
    So far my experience has been fabulous with the coordinator! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh I'm glad to hear that really swaying towards the flamingo now. @Valeriecruz82‌ your pictures look lovely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards