Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

What dance can I do with this?

I've picked our song :) L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole. We love it so much and are so excited to dance to it at our wedding! However, I'm not sure what "dance" would fit it best. I'd love for it to be perfect of course, so if I can learn how to do something (like a waltz or tango or something) and make it look great, that would be ideal. Anyone know what would be best to use? I hope this is the right section. Thank you :)
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: What dance can I do with this?

• benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using this as our first dance song!  Our DJ loved the choice!  We did not learn a specific dance for it.  It just wasn't a focus for us and we didn't have time, we've only been planning for 5 months.  

We kind of have a "love" theme going on.  Our invitations begin with "in a celebration of love..."  I got napkins and matchbooks that say LOVE on them.  We call each other Love.  The song was just perfect.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If you can learn a basic step that can look great without going for a whole routine.  I can't remember the song to have an idea what would work.  There is a dance instructor floating around these boards somewhere.  She might pop up when she sees your topic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks :) I was thinking that too, just some sort of step that would have the right tempo and everything for it, I don't really need a whole routine just a simple thing we can do over and over lol.

benmel - do you mind my asking how your invitations are worded? I'm trying to get ideas, I've come up with a few so far but that one sounds like it'd be nice!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_dance-can-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:e6926b55-a138-492a-b81d-f6511e18724cPost:4bbae9b1-862a-48b6-b245-29449ba0c822">Re: What dance can I do with this?</a>:
    [QUOTE] benmel - do you mind my asking how your invitations are worded? I'm trying to get ideas, I've come up with a few so far but that one sounds like it'd be nice!
    Posted by gonnabemrsh[/QUOTE]

<div>here's our invite.  i'm not sure where i found this wording, but i loved it immediately!</div><div>
    </div><div>In the celebration of love...</div><div>Bride's parents</div><div>and Groom's parents</div><div>request the honor of your presence </div><div>at the marriage of their children</div><div>Melissa Nicole</div><div>and</div><div>Benjamin Ross</div><div>
    </div>
    Anniversary image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing, that does indeed sound lovely :) 4 more days for you I see by your ticker on the bottom, I bet you're excited!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_dance-can-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:e6926b55-a138-492a-b81d-f6511e18724cPost:1cebaf81-170b-49f0-abd0-31ec47637f7b">Re: What dance can I do with this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for sharing, that does indeed sound lovely :) 4 more days for you I see by your ticker on the bottom, I bet you're excited!
    Posted by gonnabemrsh[/QUOTE]

<div>thanks!  yes, i am so excited!  </div><div>
    </div><div>right now i am going between writing out my cards for our BP and parents to give them at our rehearsal dinner and playing on TK because i hate writing cards!</div>
    Anniversary image
    my to-read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards