July 2014 Weddings

Dropped my Invites in the mail today!

Oh and it was hard- I checked that they all had stamps about 15 times, matched them against my list 2 or 3 times. But I am happy to say they will be received by the 3 month mark- which was my goal with our semi-destination wedding that requires planning for all of our guests.

Re: Dropped my Invites in the mail today!

• Oh and it was hard- I checked that they all had stamps about 15 times, matched them against my list 2 or 3 times. But I am happy to say they will be received by the 3 month mark- which was my goal with our semi-destination wedding that requires planning for all of our guests.
    @lleblanc33

Yay! Doesn't it feel good to have them crossed off the to-do list?
  • Yes, now I cant wait to start getting responses.
  • congrats on getting them in the mail! I bet you will be checking the mailbox a lot more than you have in years, ha!

I can't wait to send mine off!! Even though I'm late in July, more than 1/2 the people are traveling and it's high season for hotels so we are getting them in early.  I absolutely adore my invitations (one thing I said I would never spend money on...whoops).  I can't wait to see who can make it and get excited to celebrate with everyone!

• I sent ours out a week and a half ago and this week we started receiving rsvps back. It's getting so REAL!!! lol
  • Got our first RSVP on Saturday- so exciting. 

Also, Invites went out last Monday 4/7- And there are people who have yet to receive them!!! A whole week has passed- and they have not even made it to the next state over. We at least guests on the other side of the country received theirs! lol

• I mailed mine yesterday and I got a response already today!
  • Ours went out last week. We decided to pay the extra 21 cents and have them hand cancelled. The invitations had a ribbon rose embellishment that I was afraid would get caught up in the machine. 
  • So they were mailed April 7th... and we now have 38 of 155 RSVPs. RSVPs are due by June 14th. Should I be concerned that more people havent responded already.
  • @lleblanc33 I don't think you need to be concerned. Some people view the RSVP deadline as the date that they should send it back, so you'll probably get a ton of replies right around that date. Then you'll have to start making the inevitable call to ask if people are coming.
    It's still a little early for people to know what their schedule will look like in 2 months.
    We're getting close!
  • @afaber24 Thank you! I check the mail everyday hoping to get some... we didnt get any since last Friday until today we got 2 more. It is just like me to OBSESS over these things.
  • No problem! I'm totally obsessed too! We're using the online RSVP system, so every time I get an email I have to go on and check. Its really fun to see people say yes & check out their meal selections!
  • We haven't ordered ours yet. Getting a little worried about all of these replies that have mailed them already. We have them selected and paid for, but the proofs needed corrections and we haven't met with the lady again to send those through.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't mailed mine yet either! We had the same issue. The first set of proofs needed some editing and the second proof should be here tomorrow. So I'm hoping to get them ordered tomorrow night so they can be sent out by next Saturday or Monday
  • Ours have been delayed, too, and it's driving me batty!  

They are going out next Tuesday--a full month after I wanted them mailed.  Partially my fault, partially FMIL's fault bc she dragged her feet getting us addresses, and part an issue with the printer and designer...I know it will be fine, but I can't wait to get those puppies in the mail! 
  • kimi0119 said:
    We haven't ordered ours yet. Getting a little worried about all of these replies that have mailed them already. We have them selected and paid for, but the proofs needed corrections and we haven't met with the lady again to send those through.
    You're fine! Ours is a 7/19 wedding (destination, at that) and we haven't sent ours yet. Approved the final proofs yesterday so should have them in the next couple weeks & plan to mail them out at the end of May, which is still seven weeks out from wedding. Don't sweat it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah I read this thread and started freaking out in my head because I thought 6-8 weeks was the normal recommended time for sending out invites so I feel way behind.  They have been finished for a while now but I was waiting to send them when we hit the 8 week mark.  I'm getting married the 19th also.
  • Yea, my wedding is the 5th and I haven't even started assembling my invitations yet, let alone mailed them. We won't even hit 8 weeks before the wedding until this weekend, so I'm not in the least bit worried.

A lot of people won't decide whether or not they'll travel for a wedding until they've scoped out airfare, other hotel prices besides the room block, and know for sure they have the time off from work - which can take a little time after receiving the information. Don't stress it until after your RSVP date has passed.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I sent mine out 2 weeks ago. The response has been a little overwhelming. There are some people that are on the list that I know are on the fence because they don't know where they will be or their schedule (one of my friends husbands is PCS-ing right before my wedding, and another lives in TX and is trying to move back to NY). Everyday that mail has came there has been at least 1 rsvp card!!
  • I LOVE getting home and checking the mail...I remember being a kid and actually getting real mail in the mailbox and this feels the same!

We have gotten almost all of ours back now, or the ones we haven't gotten are ones we are pretty sure are "No," but that's good b/c we are about 10 people over what we had as "ideal" already and there are probably another 10 or so "yes" possibilities we are waiting on. 
  • I sent mine out a few weeks ago and June 7th is our deadline for RSVP's. It was very exciting to get those first few RSVP's in the mail. I have been religiously checking my mailbox everyday.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards