March 2015 Weddings
Options

What are you working on?

With 9 months still, what is everyone working on after vendors have been chosen and contracted? I've hit a lull, though I feel like I should be working on something!

imageimage

Re: What are you working on?

• Options
    alm199alm199 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    I just ordered our save the dates and am working on getting addresses for everybody on the guest list. I put the address for our website on the save the dates so I want to get that done before I send them out. I'm also contacting hotels to get details for room blocks so I can put that on the website. That has been more of a pain than I was expecting!
  • Options
    We just got our STDs in the mail Saturday! We are working on collecting addresses.

I'm going dress shopping SATURDAY!!! Excited but also slightly terrified.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alm199 the hotel I'm having my reception at is also being a huge pain the ass with me too. I work for Expedia so I get discounts on hotels-if my discount is a LOT bigger than what you're offering me, I will most definitely give my company the money and not yours.

tcnoble I hope you have an amazing experience dress shopping! Mine was not so fun (rushed to get photos before my father died-I wanted him to see it). Everything I've ever heard or witnessed though said only bring 2-3 people you care about the most and don't let others influence your decision :) ENJOY! and share pictures!!!

imageimage

• Options
    tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    @shannonmaya Thank you for your words of wisdom!! I am bringing 6 people with me (FMIL, FSIL, my mom and sisters and one BM) - but I am comfortable with them and their opinions so I think it will go okay. I've just watched waaaaay too much SYTTD and have no idea how I will actually look in dresses. Like I said, excited but also really nervous. I will be sure to post pictures!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tcnoble said:
    @shannonmaya Thank you for your words of wisdom!! I am bringing 6 people with me (FMIL, FSIL, my mom and sisters and one BM) - but I am comfortable with them and their opinions so I think it will go okay. I've just watched waaaaay too much SYTTD and have no idea how I will actually look in dresses. Like I said, excited but also really nervous. I will be sure to post pictures!! :)
    Even though you may say "I hate drop waist, don't give me drop waist" or "I don't want to look like a cupcake, don't give me ballgown", try them on! That's my only suggestion. If you truly don't feel right/they don't look good on you, then you just confirmed your initial feelings, and know from there what to focus on. I ended up in a sleeveless A-line when I thought I wanted something compleeeeeetly different!

With that many people, maybe grab a bottle of champagne and celebrate! Might help take the edge off ;)

imageimage

• Options
    I feel you! We have the venue, photographer, flowers, flower girl dresses, photographer, STDs, table settings, honeymoon and DJ all done.  I'm working on compiling a list of photograph and song must haves for the wedding.  

One of my friends who got married a few years ago suggested adding small head-shots of all your important family members to the photo list you give to the photographer so they know who they are looking for when you want a "cousins" picture or especially, just a picture with your mom.  The photographer won't have to second guess who to grab. 

Also, if you have different family dynamics (step family) it will help to lay out who you want in all the family pictures (i.e. mom and step dad, mom and dad, dad, step mom & step sister, etc.)
  • Options
    I feel you! We have the venue, photographer, flowers, flower girl dresses, photographer, STDs, table settings, honeymoon and DJ all done.  I'm working on compiling a list of photograph and song must haves for the wedding.  

One of my friends who got married a few years ago suggested adding small head-shots of all your important family members to the photo list you give to the photographer so they know who they are looking for when you want a "cousins" picture or especially, just a picture with your mom.  The photographer won't have to second guess who to grab. 

Also, if you have different family dynamics (step family) it will help to lay out who you want in all the family pictures (i.e. mom and step dad, mom and dad, dad, step mom & step sister, etc.)
    Yes! I've been working on this as well. Thankfully my photographer has shot many events for my family so he knows most of my dads side :)

imageimage

• Options
    We are having a DW (Hawaii), so we have already sent out our STD cards.  We've booked our venue (ceremony and reception in one place), our caterer, music, lighting and photographer.  I ordered my dress and shoes.  I'm narrowing down my BM dresses and have to decide between two dresses.  I am also in the process of looking at what flowers I want and what type of cake.  Once I get the flowers, cake and BM dresses sorted I will start on decorations.  I can't believe it's less than a year away!
  • Options
    Went with four out of six of my bridesmaids today and selected their dress today! So excited! Next we're going to start tux shopping next week. Hopefully we'll finish up our registry in the next two weeks. Can't believe we're nine months out!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Actually working on a lot.  Going tomorrow to book our venue/caterer.  Still have to find a DJ and figure out where the ceremony will be.  Have been working a lot lately on our paper flowers & have to start working on centerpieces.  Dress shopping either the end of this month or sometime next month!  Can't wait for that.  I've also been working on our registry here and there.  Oh and I also have to figure out which of our family friends will be doing our cake & order my cake topper and get started on making it.  Soooo basically I'm very busy right now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards