Massachusetts-Boston

Rustic-ish wedding venues

I'm getting married (in three years but I'm the type to do everything way too far in advance). I want a rustic-esque wedding in Massachusetts.

Problem A: I would like to have an outdoor ceremony with hills (preferably "mountains") in the background.In all honesty I would really just like a place where I can take pictures with that kind of backdrop near (or at) the ceremony or reception area.

Problem B: I would like to have my reception in a barn. It doesn't necessarily have to be in the same location as the ceremony.

If anyone has any ideas of places for either (or both!) I would greatly appreciate it!

I have already looked at Zuukas, Smith Barn, Nashoba, and Wayside Inn. Those are nice, I just want more options!

Re: Rustic-ish wedding venues

• I was going to say Zuukas. Wachusett Country Club, Wachusett Mountain, Salem Cross Inn, Spencer Country Inn, Allen Hill Tree Farm (Brooklyn CT- has mountain views and is a barn)

• We looked at Bittersweet Farm and Chamberlain Farm. We ended up booking with Bittersweet because it's open in April. Chamberlain is only open May-Fall...can't remember the exact month. Both are more in woodsy areas, but Chamberlain is also beside a huge lake. Both are scenic and very reasonable. Hope it helps!
  • Red Lion Inn in Cohasset, I was going to say Wachusett Mountain Resort too, but I find the dining area to be a bit dated, just my 2 cents.  The outside view of the mountain makes up for that though. 
  • @candyribrid2b I totally agree about Wachusett Mountain. I'm having mine there but in a fabulous tent instead of the banquet room. 

• There's the Barn at Gibbet Hill in Groton. http://www.barnatgibbethill.com/weddings-events/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards