Not Engaged Yet

Hot topics

13»

Re: Hot topics

• In regards to attachment parenting/bfing/co-sleeping, I bf'd Bean and co-slept with him (doing the same with No-Uh). I'm sure plenty of folks (even those right here) could tell you what a well rounded, incredibly intelligent, charismatic, thoughtful, loving, and independent kid he is. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In regards to attachment parenting/bfing/co-sleeping, I bf'd Bean and co-slept with him (doing the same with No-Uh). I'm sure plenty of folks (even those right here) could tell you what a well rounded, incredibly intelligent, charismatic, thoughtful, loving, and independent kid he is. 
    Do you attribute this to attachment parenting? And if so, why? I posted my original question because I'm curious about the issue. I have my opinions, but I do my best to be open minded.  
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    My daughter happened to sleep with us for a good portion of her life (she's six and still will come in our bed sometimes) and she is the most independent kid I know.  She begs to have sleepovers anywhere but home if she can, she even had her first friend sleepover when she was 4 away from home.  She also spends a lot of time playing independently in her room.
  • I attribute
    lilacck28 said:
    In regards to attachment parenting/bfing/co-sleeping, I bf'd Bean and co-slept with him (doing the same with No-Uh). I'm sure plenty of folks (even those right here) could tell you what a well rounded, incredibly intelligent, charismatic, thoughtful, loving, and independent kid he is. 
    Do you attribute this to attachment parenting? And if so, why? I posted my original question because I'm curious about the issue. I have my opinions, but I do my best to be open minded.  
    Sorry, I just saw this now. Well, I guess that I can say that this is the only way that I've parented him, so is it just his personality? Is it the way I chose to parent? A combination of both? I don't really know. All I can tell you, is I parent him this way, and he's incredibly independent.Sometimes, too much so for my comfort. 
    There are things to be said for every parenting style out there. For me, attachment parenting makes sense and it works for our family. I see no problem in providing every comfort my children seek by allowing them to be close to me. I have no problem nursing for comfort (and not just for nutrition), holding all day if that's what baby needs that day to feel safe, and rocking to sleep instead of letting them cry it out. But again, that is just me. I'm not saying that parents that chose a different style are wrong, or harming their children, or anything like that. I'm just saying, this works for us, and well...the proof is in the pudding? Bean was an incredibly happy baby. Rarely fussy, colicy maybe once in his infanthood, and now has grown into an amazing young man. No-Uh is much the same. He already shows signs of independence: every once in a while he will fuss a bit, I will offer him the breast or to rock him, or some kind of comfort that I think I should provide. And sometimes it doesn't help, but if I put him down in his swing, on the bed, etc. and give him his space, he settles down. He comforts independently. 
    Again, this is the way I chose to parent, and it works for us. But that doesn't mean it's the end all, be all, only way to parent. I hope that answered your question!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• lilacck28 said:
    On the topic of breastfeeding... thoughts on kids breast feeding when they're older? like, older than a year, with teeth, eating solid food? I know its a current hot thing, and I firmly believe in "your body, your choice" but.... I'll be honest, I find it strange. Curious to hear other opinions. 
    I'm not sure at exactly what point I think this is strange. However, I knew a woman who said that she would stop breastfeeding when her son didn't want it anymore. She ended up stopping breastfeeding him because she got pregnant. She explained this to him. He was old enough to understand and then ask once the baby came could he drink mommy's milk again. OLD ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THIS!!! That is too old to breastfeed. (For the record, he was 5 or 6 at this time).
  • Thanks for your response @Beanbot2002
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards