Florida-North Florida

Venue issues. Looking for a forest setting, allowing late reception and brought in alcohol

Ideally, I'm looking for a forested area with a great reception space either outdoor or outdoor ceremony with an indoor (but mostly wood/windows) reception. I would love to have a bonfire and allow my friends to stay until late with lodging a safe stumble away. I do not want to have to worry about friends and family safely arriving at their overnight stay! I'm open to shuttling but hope to avoid it? It would be awesome if this location (so a far a dream) has onsite lodging.

Anyone know of anywhere in the North Central, North, or Northeast Florida area? No horse farms or beaches (unless they have oak hammock too!).

I know its a tall order but if anyone can lead us to something close to this I will be eternally grateful. I'm open to renting an inexpensive camp or ranch.

Re: Venue issues. Looking for a forest setting, allowing late reception and brought in alcohol

• Thanks, I'll look into it! 
  • I second the PP about bonfires. It is going to be a hard thing to find a place that allows those. I am not sure how late you are looking for but Ravine Gardens State Park in Palatka allows outside booze as long as you meet some reasonable requirements and you can rent the outdoor areas until sunset and the indoor areas until 11pm. I am unsure how close lodging would be.

• Really?! I've never had issues with fires, especially in north FL state parks. Maybe its the terminology? I'm not talking 20 feet wide or anything, just a good sized fire pit. Well, let's ignore that request for the time being, I was just describing my ideals. :-) 

I haven't looked at that park yet, thanks for the suggestion! 
  • In case anyone is looking for a venue like I described - River Forest Group Camp within Ocala National Forest. It was PERFECTION.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards