New York-Hudson Valley

Venue help in Hudson Valley area!!

Hello!!  I am looking for suggestions for a wedding venue in the Hudson Valley area.  I am from Long Island and my fiance is from Buffalo, but we currently live in Maryland.  We are looking for something unique and not the cookie cutter hall feel.  We would love something with an indoor space but with pretty scenery outdoors.  Ideally, the place would have accommodations onsite or nearby since both families will need to travel.  I am open to barn venues, farms, wineries....
I am open to the idea of an offsite caterer, but having bathrooms, furniture, etc would be preferred onsite. 
Our guest list will be around 150 and are planning for summer 2015. 

Thank you!!

I am not familiar with the area and really appreciate your help!!

Re: Venue help in Hudson Valley area!!

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Just had mine at Bear Mountain (at the overlook lodge, but they also have the Inn for larger weddings) and loved it.  It's a bit rustic, non cookie cutter feel.  Gorgeous setting (the lodge overlooks a lake and river).     The food was delicous, got lots of compliments.

Benmarl winery and Brotherhood wineries are both really nice - but I think you have to bring in yoru own catering to both.   I know you definitely do at Benmarl - as well as tables, chairs etc.  

I've never been, but Roundhouse in Beacon looks really nice. 

Mount Guilan is a historical barn in Beacon, but you have to bring in your own catering there.  

• We seem to have very parallel experiences! I'm from Westchester and my FH is from Long Island. I want to have a non-catering-hall-feel Fall 2015 wedding for ~150 People as well.

Try The Grandview in Poughkeepsie as well as the suggetions above. I LOVE the Roundhouse at Beacon Falls, but the commute would definitely be a hike for us, and they're price point is a little more than we're comfortable with (175-200pp).

I'm also considering the Liberty House in NJ and their sister location, The Stone House (also Jersey), the Somerly Room at Fox Hollow on Long Island, and the Riverview Caterers in Hastings (Budget friendly option).

Good luck! I'll be sure to keep following this thread to see other suggestions!
  • Check out Highlands Country Club as well. They have a verandah and firepits which is amazing in my book.
  • I'm from Long Island and living in NJ with my fiance.  We are getting married in November at the Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht Club and have around 150 guests as well.   There's a lot of beautiful outdoor space (garden, dock, and beach) in addition to the main building with an attached, tented deck.  Since most of our guests are also not from the Hudson Valley, we are using the Crowne Plaza White Plains for accommodations and having a shuttle bus between the two.  
  • Can you tell me approx how much the Mamaroneck  B & Y Club is?

• We didn't book there, but the Millbrook Winery in Millbrook NY is beautiful. http://www.millbrookwine.com/loft-rentals/weddings They have some specific rules (like no hard liquor) which just didn't work for us. The site is amazing though, we love spending time there.
  • panchao said:
    Can you tell me approx how much the Mamaroneck  B & Y Club is?

Depends on what you are looking for.  We are having the ceremony there with pre-wedding food as well as a cocktail hour, 3 course dinner, and dessert, and its around $175pp.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards