Flowers

Flower recommendations spring wedding

Alyssa18o6Alyssa18o6 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited May 2014 in Flowers
I'm having a hard time getting ideas for flowers for our wedding. We're getting married in May 2015, and our colors are lilac and grey. We're going with a typical "spring" theme. I know I want hydrangeas and carnations. The flowers for my center pieces I want to be lilac, because the table scape won't have much of it. I cannot for the life of me think of another flower. I'm not a HUGE fan of flowers, so i'm not familiar with them. I was just gonna use roses because I seriously don't have any idea. But I wanted something a little different than typical roses. Thanks in advance :)

Edited- I forgot to mention that flowers is something that i'm not looking to spend too much on since I could go either way with them. So i'd like to keep it to flowers that are more inexpensive :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Re: Flower recommendations spring wedding

• Try peonies they are round like a rose but much fuller with ruffled edges
  • Lilacs?

• Lilacs?
    I actually never even thought about lilacs until the other day and im pretty sure thats what im going to use :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I would not use Lilacs for the centerpieces. They are beautiful but they have a very strong smell that may make the food taste weird. I love the smell of lilacs but they can easily be overwhelming, especially if you have a lot in a small space.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • AprilH81 said:
    I would not use Lilacs for the centerpieces. They are beautiful but they have a very strong smell that may make the food taste weird. I love the smell of lilacs but they can easily be overwhelming, especially if you have a lot in a small space.
    I had read that somewhere and thought that was Lavender :( Now I have to start all over! Haha thank you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Use carnations and hydrangea as your centerpiece and have lilacs as your bouquet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards