Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

BBQ Buffet ( somewhat upscale)

We are having our wedding in a barn, rustic wedding. I spoke with the caterers and though that maybe it was a good idea to do a BBQ Buffet with pulled pork, brisket and some sides. Thoughts about that? Love it or hate it?

Thanks! :)

Re: BBQ Buffet ( somewhat upscale)

• Options
    I'm a big bbq fan, but I'm a bit of a snob when I'm dressed up.  Don't care for eating with my hands and I'd be worried about spilling or staining something.  However, I do think that the majority of people aren't like me and would love BBQ instead of the traditional plated wedding meal.  Sooo to accomidate people like myself, put a few extra wet naps on the table :)
  • Options
    Love BBQ! My only concerns are: 

a) will you have somehting to accomodate vegetarians/pescatarians/vegans/whoever, if you have any? I don't do meat, but I'd be content as long as there were enough veggies/breads/non-meaty sides to fill a plate.

b) as previously mentioned, WET NAPS! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would hate having messy food when I am all dressed up.  Good BBQ is messy. 
  • Options
    Totally depends on your crowd. Even "upscale" BBQ is a little casual for me. I'm also a vegetarian, but as long as there were enough meat-free sides, I'd eat anything. I mean, I wouldn't serve it at my own wedding, because it's just not "me," but I wouldn't judge it at someone else's wedding. Especially if you tend to have more casual family events and this wouldn't be unexpected.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I freaking love real BBQ (not hamburgers/hot dogs!).  I love pulled pork, ribs, chicken, etc. and all the sides--it's easy enough to eat with a fork.  I say go for it, but make sure you've got a good option for vegetarians or vegans if applicable. 
  • Options
    We are having BBQ for our May wedding, also in a rustic-y setting. We are doing turkey, brisket, and sausage though. We nixed the ribs & chicken (on the bone) options simply because of the mess factor. We wanted food you could easily eat with utensils. I probably won't have any of the sausage though since it'll be hard to slice with the plastic knife and I don't any popping off my plate & onto my dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_bbq-buffet-somewhat-upscale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:2fdbbe3b-7d63-44cf-a8df-37dd21aa8798Post:50519abd-644d-4623-94f2-2f43f94ea4d6">Re: BBQ Buffet ( somewhat upscale)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a big bbq fan, but I'm a bit of a snob when I'm dressed up.  Don't care for eating with my hands and I'd be worried about spilling or staining something.  However, I do think that the majority of people aren't like me and would love BBQ instead of the traditional plated wedding meal.  Sooo to accomidate people like myself, put a few extra wet naps on the table :)
    Posted by sxcwed[/QUOTE]

You eat brisket and pulled pork with your hands?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards