August 2014 Weddings
Options

Sending out invites?

I am getting married August 23rd and I'm wondering when everyone else is sending out their invites? I know they say 6-8 weeks but I keep reading if you send to early people assume you have a b-list. I never knew that was a think until I joined this site. But we have the RSVP date set a month before the wedding. So when is everyone else sending out their invites? How about RSVP deadline?

Re: Sending out invites?

• Options
    Our date is August 2nd, we're sending invites on either the 14th or 21st of June and requesting RSVP by July 19th. That gives me enough time to track down people who haven't replied
  • Options
    My date is 8/1 and we are sending 6/1, requesting reply by 7/1. On the early side but some people I've talked to said it seemed late.
  • Options
    SenecafSenecaf member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    My wedding is 8/16. I have RSVP for 7/28. I'm now thinking that may not be enough time to track people down. Too late though, it's already printed.

I'll probably send them out around June 16-23. Is that too early?
  • Options
    KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Our date is 8/9 and we just sent out our invites (took them to be hand canceled on Friday!), with an RSVP deadline of 7/12.  We did this because it is OOT for all of FI's family and is in my home state.  Since we live 12 hours away from my home state, and I will likely be spending a week or two up there before the wedding, we wanted to have RSVPs back to us before I travel and will give us time to track down anyone if need be.  

So I guess that makes ours sent at 11 weeks out, RSVPs in at 4 weeks out.  

• Options

FI and I are getting married August 2nd and we sent ours out about 2 weeks ago. I thought it was a little early, but the hotel block date is actually June 3rd so we wanted everyone to have time to call. No clue why the date for the hotel was so early but we sent ours to make sure everyone had plenty of time to book.

• Options

Mine is August 23rd as well. I sent my invites 2 weeks ago. I know suuper early, but ALL of my guests are OOT, closest guest is 6 hour drive away, closest airport is 2.5hour away and is really small with few flights. We decided to get them out early so people can start booking flights and hotels.

A little off topic but how would you ladies handle a cousin who you've only reserved 1 seat for that has decided on her RSVP that she deserves 2 seats? and has replied with her and some bf we've never even met.

• Options
    @Karauen75- If he's truly her BF and they're in a relationship then he should be invited (SOs and all that)...if he's just a date I would just say sorry the invitation was just for you. Even with facebook it's hard to track down who has an SO and who doesn't and who broke up and oh they got back together. Don't these people know we're trying to budget! :)
  • Options
    KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    We had several people tell us that they received their invites yesterday after I sent them Friday! :) 

• Options
    My wedding is August 30th and we sent out invites 2 weeks ago. It's technically super early, but we never had save the dates and FI was worried about giving all OOT guests (which is virtually everybody) enough time to plan, especially with it being the Saturday of Labour Day weekend!
    Some people have already RSVP'd and a fair few are holding off (like we imagined).
    Our caterer would like a solid headcount 2 weeks before hand, and we've set the RSVP date one month before (July 30th) so we have a good 2 weeks to track down the non-responders!
  • Options
    I'm August 23 as well and we're sending ours out tomorrow (June 2). Everyone is OOT so we wanted to give time to make travel arrangements (and hotel block reservations need to be made 30 days in advance), also have to get meal options to the caterer 2 weeks before. RSVP date is July 26, which gives me 2 weeks to track down any stragglers before I have to report meals to the caterer. 
  • Options
    My date is 8/2/14 and I will send them out this week (wednesday is when I am thinking) with a RSVP date of July 9. gives me about a week and half to track down before I need numbers into the caterer. SO excited that it is sooo close!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our date is 8/3 and we sent them out yesterday with a RSVP date of 7/13 :) WOOT! :)
  • Options
    kaccjskaccjs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2014

Our date is August 16th and I mailed ours on Saturday.   Rsvp date is July 25th.   Heard from some people they received theirs today :)

• Options
    I will be sending out invites over the weekend - our date is 8/15 and rsvp date is 8/1.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Options
    our date is 8/1 we sent invites out the middle of May (lots of long distance guests) and are requesting RSVP by July 1st. I think that there is an obvious need to follow etiquette, but you also have to take your guests into consideration as well! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards