Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Bridesmaid Hair Styles

So, I have a large bridal party... 9 bridesmaids and a flower girl. I'm trying to decide on a hairstyle for the girls and keep changing my mind with what I want for them. I still have time, thankfully, but I need to let my hairdresser know how much backup to bring! 
I'm doing half-up or all down and don't know about my girls matching me. My maids of honor both want their hair down because that's how it looks best on them, but I don't know that I want them to be that similar to me.
With a large party what are thoughts on different styles for different girls? Or am I better off to make them all do back/up? I definitely don't want to be bridezilla, so is this even a battle worth fighting? Help?! 

Re: Bridesmaid Hair Styles

• Options
    kmmssg said:

The very first thing I think of when I see bridesmaids coming down the aisle with matching hairstyles is "someone was a controlling bridezilla."

Let them choose their own hairstyle so they look like individuals.  They aren't clones they are people.

This.  Even if some where their hair similar to yours it isn't like people are going to mistake them as the bride since you will be the one wearing the big white dresses and the one getting married.

Let your girls pick their own hairstyles.  Not everyone looks good in one style and hair is a really personal thing and the only people who should control how it looks is the person whom the hair is attached to.

• Options
    YIKES!! Thanks! I definitely don't want that... 

I've been leaning toward individual styles, but didn't want everyone looking like a hot mess standing at the alter with 11 different hairstyles going on. 

Thanks so much for your input. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I have NEVER EVER noticed the bridesmaid's hairstyles in relation to the bride's. I mean, you're the bride! You will stand out regardless of your hairstyle.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    KoriB2013 said:
    So, I have a large bridal party... 9 bridesmaids and a flower girl. I'm trying to decide on a hairstyle for the girls and keep changing my mind with what I want for them. I still have time, thankfully, but I need to let my hairdresser know how much backup to bring! 
    I'm doing half-up or all down and don't know about my girls matching me. My maids of honor both want their hair down because that's how it looks best on them, but I don't know that I want them to be that similar to me.
    With a large party what are thoughts on different styles for different girls? Or am I better off to make them all do back/up? I definitely don't want to be bridezilla, so is this even a battle worth fighting? Help?! 

Let them do what they want to do.
  • Options
    KoriB2013 said:
    YIKES!! Thanks! I definitely don't want that... 

I've been leaning toward individual styles, but didn't want everyone looking like a hot mess standing at the alter with 11 different hairstyles going on. 

Thanks so much for your input. 
    Nothing will look like a hot mess if each girl has a different style.  What it will look like is a group of gorgeous women all looking happy because they like the way they look.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I don't think these look like a 'hot mess'
  • Options
    I say let them wear their hair as they want but ask them to send you photos to provide to your stylist so that they can be properly prepared. I don't think that is asking too much. The reason I would skip uniform hairstyles is because depending on each person's length of hair, way it has been cut & the type of hair they have (thin versus thick) they may not all be able to carry off the same hair style. One BM may love hair down, another may prefer a simple low ponytail or bun to be comfortable. The only restriction I would maybe put on them is that not to have the same exact style that you are planning on having. It will make your life much easier & your BM happier this way.
  • Options
    Let them be comfortable. If they want it down put a twist. Curls for one. Straight.

• Options
    Let them choose their own style - everyone feels differently about what they think looks beautiful on them, and your girls would rather be comfortable in a hairstyle they picked.  Short of having everybody shave their heads, there are going to be people (WP & guests) who will have their hair "similar" to yours - oh well!

Also, if you decided for them to all have a specific hair style, you must realize that
    you will be putting out the money for that, not them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards