Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Breakfast buffet: The egg debate

My cater is offering to have a chef make fresh omelettes. Now these omelettes are half the size they offer in the restaurant and they still want to charge me the same price. Due to this larger expense, I'm debating on doing their breakfast casseroles instead. They will cost half the price.
It is a neat idea for the omelette bar but I wanted to know your opinions. 
Pay the extra for fresh omelettes or have a few different casseroles out.   

Re: Breakfast buffet: The egg debate

• Options
    I would prefer the casserole. It would also be helpful if you have a large number of guests to keep the lines moving. Omelettes can take a while depending on how many they would be cooking at once.
  • Options
    I'm not going to do omelettes (although I do love them) or scrambled eggs (yuck!); I'm going with a baked egg dish myself if I have any way to get them as part of my menu. Omelette bars are an okay idea but they had them for Sunday brunches when I was in college in the dorms and the line backed up; they take time to cook so unless you want your guests standing in line waiting for food, don't go that route. Unless you have 3-4 people making omelettes at the same time.
  • Options
    Casserole seems more practical.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I vote casserole.

• Options
    While I do love a freshly made omlette, it sounds like the casseroles are a better option here. 
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Do casseroles. No waiting, less expensive = win. 
  • Options
    I would do casseroles.
  • Options
    I guess I'm the only one who will not touch an egg casserole.    Despise them.    I prefer fresh omelets any day.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    MW5280MW5280 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We're going with a frittata with veggies and feta instead of something else. 

Plus, according to my sister, it sounds fancier.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a huge fresh omelette fan but I it can take time to make them & lines can back up quickly at those stations. I think as a guest I would apprecite the quickness that the casserole would allow for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards