Texas-Austin
Options

photographer prices

So, I wanted to see what prices you guys found for photographers in the Austin/San Antonio area.

We're form Austin, but our wedding will be in Tarpley.

So far, all the photographers with any sort of good portfolio are $3,400 + (NOT including tax or travel fees.)

Any recommendations on afforable talented photographers in the area- or am I just out of step with the market rate?

Re: photographer prices

• Options
    What does the $3,400 include would be one of my questions.

When I was off and on looking at wedding photographers for my Oct. `13 wedding, I found most were in about the $1,500 range.  This included 2 photogs and was for 4-5 hours.

I ended up using a friend of the family with a photography degree, so, unfortunately, I'm not a lot of help in this area.  It seems like I remember there being posts about photographers on the Austin board, but you may need to go down or go back a few pages.

Good luck, congratulations and happy planning!!
  • Options
    8 hours, 2 photographers, and a bridal or engagement session.

• Options
    Hmmm, then that might be a fair quote.

Some other options might be to contact some of the local colleges for students who are looking to build a portfolio (books engagements and see if you like them, if you're still unsure, do bridals as well or even just some casual shots). 

Do you need all 8 hours?  If not, perhaps there are some less expensive packages the photographer can offer?  Perhaps skip engagements or bridals if you don't need or want them?  See if they could custom tailor a package to fit your budget?

Personally, I did do bridals and I'm so glad I did.  I did not, however, do engagement photos.  I think that all depends on you and your husband to be and what you both want!
  • Options
    My daughter just got married on May 29th and we found an amazing photographer who is a photo journalism student at St. Edwards University. He charges about $150 an hour although I don't know what he would charge to travel to your wedding location. I am unable to attach a sample of the engagement and wedding photos but if you want to email me at Joniel@Austin.RR.com I can send you some. His name is Tomas Segura and his phone number is (512) 629-3482.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much! We just got a photographer the other day from Kerrville- much closer to the destination, and much much better priced! 

Big city prices were just too much! (Austin and San Antonio.) 

Thanks again for all the feedback! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards