Indiana-Indianapolis

DRESS SHOPS!!

Coming from out of town to find a wedding dress. Need it to be off the rack since it's a quicky engagement. I prefer not to spend an arm and a leg and really want a SHORT dress. 

Do you have any recommendations on where I should shop??? I don't have to go to a bridal store (they normally don't have a big selection on short dresses) my town is a let down in this department.

THANK YOU!

Re: DRESS SHOPS!!

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    David's Bridal and Bridal Superstore both have dresses you can buy off the rack. My friend found her dress at Bridal Superstore and bought if off the rack for $300. They are both on 82nd street in Castleton. Another friend of mine just bought a short dress at David's Bridal. She had to wait a couple weeks for it to come in but David's is usually pretty fast. I ordered mine from there and got it in less than 2 weeks.  As far as department stores, I would try Von Maur in the Castleton Mall. I know a lot of department stores have their own line of bridal dresses but I think most you have to order online.
    Anniversary

• Since you're going short, don't go somewhere like David's Bridal and buy something cheesy and cheap looking, especially in synthetic fabric or cheap satin.  Get a really fabulous white cocktail dress!  Go to Nordstrom or Saks.  They have a lot of short white dresses this time of year because of all the graduation parties.  

Also, I'm selling my dress for my wedding after party last weekend--a white Tony Bowls Evenings dress worth about $288 new and my engagement party dress, a $1198 Mandalay cocktail dress with metallic lace appliques.  If you like to see either, let me know.  I'm in downtown Indy.

• GORGEOUS!!  I actually found a Maggie couture second hand in Fort Wayne!! It's pretty amazing.

however -- what are the sizes and what are you selling for????
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards