Registry and Gift Forum

Shower Registery

I was not planning on making a separate registry for just my shower. If people want to know what to get me, I was planning on referring them to our wedding registry. Is this wrong? 
My mom said she thinks I should only register for items for myself (not for both of us as a couple) for the shower. She suggested lingerie and girly stuff. So I added a robe and a cake cutting set (hopefully to use for the wedding) on the register. 
What are your thoughts? 

Re: Shower Registery

• It depends. Is it a wedding shower or a personal shower? If its the former, just refer people to your wedding registry. If its a personal shower, then the hostess should know your sizes etc. Either way, please do not put intimates on your registry. It will be awkward all the way around.
  • Yeah. Don't put lingerie on the registry your uncle will look at. If it's going to be a personal shower, the hostess should let guests know your size. 

Anniversary
  • Typically, a shower is a wedding shower, and is meant for the type of gifts you've already registered for. If your shower hostess is specifically throwing a lingerie shower or such, she'll need your measurements.
  • Its a Hollywood themed shower being held in the afternoon and just women are invited (friends and family). 
  • Yeah, if she hasn't specifically said its a lingerie shower, then ignore your mom.
  • Stick to the wedding registry.  Remove the robe.  You can leave the cake cutting set but I've seen that and the toasting goblets backfire. I've known people to check their registry and see that they were purchased so they assume they will have them for the reception.  Only they don't receive them ahead of time.  They were left on the gift table at the reception or even sent after the wedding so the bride and groom didn't have them for only time they were ever planning to use them.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You only need one registry. It goes for both wedding and shower.  No lingerie.  If you are given a personal shower, then the hostess can indicate your sizes and preferences on the invitation.
  • I'd take the robe off your registry and only register for items for both you and your FI, and use that registry for both your wedding and your shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards