Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor ceremony/grass/heel covers

Our ceremony will be outdoors in a grassy area. Also, if our guests would like to, they can explore the grounds (they have beautiful gardens, a lake, etc.). I was thinking of providing for the ladies those heel covers that stop your shoes from sinking in. Has anyone bought these in bulk before? 

Re: Outdoor ceremony/grass/heel covers

• Options
    emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I thought about it, but ultimately skipped it. Instead, we just let people know everything would be outside by word of mouth and let them fend for themselves.
  • Options
    Those can be hard to keep on shoes.  They look like little plastic flowers.  If the fit isn't perfect, they pop off/stick on ground and you step right out of them.  My wedding was outside on grass.  I wore dressy, metallic wedges and I was comfy all day, it was easy to get around, too.  
  • Options
    I seriously love that our weddings are so similar because every time I start thinking of something, you post a question about it! I was trying to find cute wedges last night that didn't cost a fortune/weren't ugly and was coming up short. I really just want to buy all cute heels I saw because they're just so much more feminine and pretty and fit with my dress. Everyone keeps suggesting the heel stoppers but I don't want to commit to that idea just to realize they won't work all day.
  • Options
    I attended an outdoor wedding where some of the ladies had the heel covers on. The ground was slightly damp as it had rained earlier in the week, and their heels all went right through the covers. Not sure if it was just the brand they used or what, but it was a pain trying to pull their heels back out of the now useless covers.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Good to know!
  • Options
    bekt14bekt14 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    I was just in a wedding last week where that was an issue. We were standing in grass with stilettos and it was a huge problem. Ultimately we bought some cardboard and put it on the ground where the bridesmaids would be standing. Then we covered it with mulch and grass to hide it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I purchased the Toms metallic wedges and they are so comfortable. Cannot wait to wear them for my wedding!
  • Options

I wore these shoes from Macy's at my outdoor wedding two weeks ago:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/bandolino-tufflove-wedges?ID=828596&CategoryID=55669&swatchColor=Pewter#fn=SHOE_TYPE%3DPumps%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D26

They were very reasonably priced, dressy enough for a wedding, and comfortable without sinking into the ground.

• Options
    I seriously love that our weddings are so similar because every time I start thinking of something, you post a question about it! I was trying to find cute wedges last night that didn't cost a fortune/weren't ugly and was coming up short. I really just want to buy all cute heels I saw because they're just so much more feminine and pretty and fit with my dress. Everyone keeps suggesting the heel stoppers but I don't want to commit to that idea just to realize they won't work all day.
    That's exactly the problem. I don't want to spend $$$ for a 10 minute ceremony just to find out that they won't work. I think I'm just going to skip them and spread the word that the ceremony will be on the grass. Honestly, other than that, people won't have to be on the grass at all. There are concrete walkways on the other venue sites. 
  • Options
    I didn't realize those heel covers weren't that great! I don't know what I'll do either. My ceremony will be in a grassy area and I already have the shoes I'll be wearing which are heels! Maybe one time when I visit the venue I'll bring the heels with and see what happens. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards