Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Need brainstorming help!

Our officiant has asked us for two stories of us as a couple that are humorous and/or meaningful for him to work into the ceremony. We've been dating three years and were friends (well, a little more than friends) for four years before that. You would think the stories would be overflowing, but we just can't think of anything in particular that would be good to share at the wedding. Obviously you guys don't know us personally, but do you have any ideas on how to brainstorm for something like is? Has anyone else's officiant asked for this and what kinds of things did you come up with? Thanks!

Re: Need brainstorming help!

• If you and your FI can't think of anything that would be good to share at the wedding, then this isn't going to be a good idea.  I'd tell your officiant that this won't work for you and your FI.
  • How about how you met, a trip you took together, a time you introduced the other to something you love, when you met each others' families, a challenge you overcame, etc.?
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'd start by looking through photos throughout your relationship. It will likely spark some good share-worthy memories for you. 
  • What is your favorite memory together or favorite date? I'd think about your favorite times together.
  • How about how you knew he was the one? And how he knew you were?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • How about how you met, a trip you took together, a time you introduced the other to something you love, when you met each others' families, a challenge you overcame, etc.?
    love this idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards