Registry and Gift Forum

I wish I had not registered at Bed Bath & Beyond

I wanted to publicly share my story, instead of just ranting about it to my fiance, because I am livid. For my bridal shower, my aunt bought me a Corningware set from BB&B. I had not registered for it, only because it didn't occur to me. But honestly, I was really excited when I unwrapped it, because my mom has a Corningware set that I love and miss ever since I moved out. I actually find myself looking for those dishes when I am putting away leftovers, forgetting that I don't own them! Apparently, when my aunt took it to check out at BB&B, the cashier freaked out at her because it wasn't on the registry. She told my aunt that I would be so mad and I would just have to return it, and wouldn't let it go, even though my aunt assured her she thought I would like it and it would be okay. My other aunt was with her and finally jumped in and said, "Excuse me, this lady is the bride's favorite aunt, and I don't think you know the bride better than her favorite aunt does!" My aunt had gone to the store with my registry and had picked out several items in her price range. The store didn't have any of them. The Corningware was in her range, and she thought I would like it (and I do!). For this cashier to publicly lecture her about buying something off the registry and actually make her worry that I would be angry over a GIFT that some is generously giving to me and my fiance is unacceptable. My mom was the one who told me this story, and I told my mom to ask my aunt for the cashier's name off the receipt. I don't think she still has it, so I don't feel like I can write a complaint, since I don't know anything else about the incident. But I just want to spread a warning about BB&B. I am sure other brides would be just as upset to hear someone treated their guests and family like that.

Re: I wish I had not registered at Bed Bath & Beyond

• ACEsqACEsq member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Aaaand I guess I don't know how to do paragraph breaks. Uuugh.
  • ACEsq said:

I wanted to publicly share my story, instead of just ranting about it to my fiance, because I am livid.

For my bridal shower, my aunt bought me a Corningware set from BB&B. I had not registered for it, only because it didn't occur to me. But honestly, I was really excited when I unwrapped it, because my mom has a Corningware set that I love and miss ever since I moved out. I actually find myself looking for those dishes when I am putting away leftovers, forgetting that I don't own them!

Apparently, when my aunt took it to check out at BB&B, the cashier freaked out at her because it wasn't on the registry. She told my aunt that I would be so mad and I would just have to return it, and wouldn't let it go, even though my aunt assured her she thought I would like it and it would be okay. My other aunt was with her and finally jumped in and said, "Excuse me, this lady is the bride's favorite aunt, and I don't think you know the bride better than her favorite aunt does!"

My aunt had gone to the store with my registry and had picked out several items in her price range. The store didn't have any of them. The Corningware was in her range, and she thought I would like it (and I do!). For this cashier to publicly lecture her about buying something off the registry and actually make her worry that I would be angry over a GIFT that some is generously giving to me and my fiance is unacceptable.

My mom was the one who told me this story, and I told my mom to ask my aunt for the cashier's name off the receipt. I don't think she still has it, so I don't feel like I can write a complaint, since I don't know anything else about the incident. But I just want to spread a warning about BB&B. I am sure other brides would be just as upset to hear someone treated their guests and family like that.

There ya go :)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• ACEsqACEsq member
    Thank you! I don't know how to The Knot.
  • NBD! The Knot does not know how to manage basic code, apparently.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Wow, that's really rude!

Although I'd consider this an individual salesperson issue, not a BB&B issue.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• since she scanned the registry the transaction might be stored in conjunction with your registry. You could perhaps get the cashier's name that way if you really wanted to do so. How rude of her!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• That's really rude but I don't think you should let one person tarnish the entire store for you.
  • While the store is responsible for their employees, one rude girl should not influence your opinion about the registry.
  • ACEsqACEsq member
    You all are right. I think I'm dwelling on it because I know my aunt is going through a difficult time financially and I was just appalled that someone would embarrass her - obviously the cashier doesn't know that. I still wish I had the receipt so I could inform the manager of this.

Who would even think it's okay to say something like that? I used to work retail and barring extreme circumstances, the correct answer is always smile and nod.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards