Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Ideas on Restaurant Buyouts or Unique Places for Reception

I have been searching for venues, for months, and everything is either too expensive or just does not fit my personality.  Of all the places I've looked at so far, two of the places that are at the top of my list for price and accommodations are restaurant buyouts or restaurants that have banquet halls.  I am trying to stay under $5k for food and beverage, (and rental included) but I still figure I may go over that.  I have had some luck with restaurants, so I really believe this is doable.  Plus, some have liquor licenses late so it works for a later party if needed.

My guest list is around 100 right now.  The range is going to end up either being 90 or 125, but we'll see what happens once I pick the reception venue.

What I've liked about restaurant buyouts so far is a lot of them are set up to already prepare the tables, do all the cleanup, and generally don't have a rental fee, plus their minimums are cheap and they aren't worried about you using up a full keg. (since they're a restaurant they'll just use the keg up anyway)

I am looking for anywhere in the Twins Cities and will go as far north as St Cloud or as South as Shakopee / Savage, etc.  All ideas are welcome.  Even if I don't use it for the reception, maybe it'll end up being a place for a groom's dinner / next day brunch.    

Re: Ideas on Restaurant Buyouts or Unique Places for Reception

• What time of year?  You could check out the ski hills if you're in the off-season.  But for 100 guests and $5000 budget, you should be able to afford the University Club or some place like Lilydale Pool & Yacht Club as long as you choose a reasonable option. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards