May 2014 Weddings

Post-wedding bridesmaid issues

Hi ladies, so this is going to sound weird but one of my bridesmaids didn't give us a gift for the wedding .... then forgot the gift I gave her and when I said that I'm going to give it to her next time I see her, she said it's ok she doesn't really want it. (It's a Kindle and she apparently has one.) I don't know what to do because she's one of my oldest friends and we've hung out after the wedding and everything was fine--and things were fine throughout the wedding process so I know we are still friends ... but this is just weird. Any suggestions? (My other 2 girls loved their gifts and sent us wonderful presents...)

Re: Post-wedding bridesmaid issues

• tammym1001tammym1001 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2014
    I would let her not getting you a gift go. She may be having some financial issues you don't know about or she thought that paying for everything to be in your wedding meant she didn't need to get you a gift. As far as your gift for her, did you know she already had a kindle? If it were me, I would exchange it for something else and just give it to her anyways.
  • It does sound kinda selfish of you beingupset about her not getting you agift. I would let this go. We didnt invite peopleto our wedding in order to getgifts, nor did we expect them. As far as her not accepting your gift, I wouldnt get anything else. Because it is selfish sounding of her, you know, thanks but I dont want it, find something else kinda thing. Return it and save your money. Or give it to someone who will appreciate it.
  • Let her not getting you a gift go. No one is required to give you a gift, ever.

I would exchange the Kindle and send her something else. Maybe an amazon gift car? Not too much effort and hard to refuse.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards