Registry and Gift Forum

parents gifts

so i went out today to get my mom her gift to say thank you for all she has done to help me out with the wedding and planning she is a huge fan of alex and ani so i got her a bracelet, its something i know she will wear and cherrish. i asked my sister if she had the charm i wanted to get her and my sister said no but that was not a good gift to get her and i should have gotten her something more expensive.

thoughts

i need to get my dad something and hes picky  he usualy will take a gift card to one of his favorite stores does a gift card seem to unperson able hes a person who does not really need or want anything but says he can always use a gift card to someplace  

Re: parents gifts

• My parents specifically said they didn't want expensive gifts. They didn't want us spending our money on them with all the wedding costs. We got them framed family photos from the wedding. I think what you got is very nice. If dad is picky he would probably love a photo of him walking you down the aisle. You could get a fancy frame or one that says daddy's little girl. It would be very personal :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Bracelet doesn't sound bad. If you don't have money for something more expensive, then go personal. 1) Maybe a photo album from the wedding. It would be cute to include a few photos from when you were a kid too. 
    2) A framed photo of the two of you at the wedding.
    3) A scrapbook of your family tree, now including your husband.  

If your dad already has everything, what about about a package for a round of golf? Beer making kit. Perhaps something handcrafted that he is into. Hand carved cigar box, golf club covers with his initials, etc.
  • my dad does not drink sometimes an occasional glass of wine but hes diabetic so he has to watch what he drinks. he likes the hardware store home deopot and lowes but on fathers day he got a ton of gift cards to shop there. 

i ended up getting him a macys card he was hinting when i saw him last that he needed some shirts and some pants and he likes to shop at macys so i figured he could use the gift card.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards