Delaware
Options

Farmhouse in DE - MIA?

Is anyone else getting married at the Farmhouse in the next year?  I booked my wedding in the summer, which is also when they announced that they would no longer be booking weddings.  My wedding may well be the last to be had at this venue.   I dont' care about that, but I have been calling and emailing and no one is getting back to me.  I guess I just want to know, if this is falling through.  If so, I can high tail it to an island elopement.  The waiting and wondering is killing me though.  I don't even know if I'm having a wedding at this point.  AAAAH!

Re: Farmhouse in DE - MIA?

• Options
    I heard a few months ago that they were closing, but I don't know any details. If it falls through, and you need another venue, let me know. I would be glad to help!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ImmerSonnigImmerSonnig member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    They've actually switched hands as far as ownership goes and they are not closing.  The new owner contacted me yesterday so everything is back on track!  I'm so excited all over again! Laughing
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_farmhouse-in-de-mia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:77Discussion:5f085f6b-5963-4c26-91ee-f06fc72dc33cPost:6e06359b-08b4-45ed-8f62-c13ae0c1ab4f">Re: Farmhouse in DE - MIA?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They've actually switched hands as far as ownership goes and they are not closing.  The new owner contacted me yesterday so everything is back on track!  I'm so excited all over again! 
    Posted by ImmerSonnig[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This makes me so happy!  We were married there last October and had the most amazing day!  I'm so glad that you ladies, as well as many others in the future will get to enjoy this wonderful place!

</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    E2theBE2theB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I just booked the Farmhouse in March for a June 2015 wedding. I'm a little worried because the package pricing and certain menu items have changed since I booked. Just about all the menu items have been bumped up an extra $10 per plate. At 100 guests, that's an extra $1000 they'd be squeezing out of me. I should still be able to get the prices stated in the contract I signed, shouldn't I? The package booklet with contract was emailed to me by the new owner...so...
  • Options
    I'm in that situation too. You definitely get the prices that were in place when you signed your contract. My problem is that they also changed their cake providers and I really want to use one of the bakeries that they include now, but they didn't when I booked. I'm hoping I'll be able to use the new one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards