Not Engaged Yet

How did you wait...for photos?

Last night's engagement photo session went SO WELL. Now I'm dying because they showed us some of the photos on their cameras and I'm like I WANT ALL THE PHOTOS NOW. They said they would have a sneak peek up by the end of the week and two weeks for the rest of the photos. I'm just dying of excitement. 

How did you wait for your photos to be turned around, especially engagement photos cause let's face it, honeymoon is a great distraction from the wedding photo wait.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How did you wait...for photos?

• I feel like my photographer got our photos to us within the first week or two like your photographer mentioned. I feel like it went by really fast for us because I don't remember being too anxious about it lol. I think it must have just been a busy week for us. I feel like H was moving into his apartment that week or was painting it so I was probably helping him with that.
  • I don't remember being anxious about waiting for photos... it was just a week or so, and life goes on like normal!
  • Our photographer posted back of camera shots within the first few days, then she edited a few and posted those on FB the week after, and then it was less than two weeks that she drop-boxed our photos. I feel like she blogged our e-photo shoot a few days before she drop-boxed all the photos.

I was dreading how I was going to look, so it helped seeing a few photos, and looking back, I looked good so I don't know what I was freaking out about.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • It took like 4-6 weeks to get our e-pics back. That was annoying. 

As for wedding pics, she posted about 30 on FB the very next day which made me SO happy. All of the pics were uploaded to Smugmug about 3 months later and I had all of the images on a USB flash drive a month after that. My photographer was a little slow but what are you gonna do. 

• @buddysmom80, I was so anxious about the session until I went to get my hair done. After that, I started feeling prettier and after freaking out trying to make sure we had all of our outfits and stuff together and in the car, I was cool as a cucumber when our photographers showed up.

• We didn't even want e-pics really so I'm no help.  We already have sooo many photos from over the years and a lot from the day we got engaged so that was one of the few things we were able to skip and save costs lol.  My dress on the other hand, I am dying for it to come in!  It's been 6 months!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It took a little over 2 weeks for us to get our E-photos back. Our photographer posted 3 sneak peek photos and I think that made the wait even worse! It was really hard waiting and I was really anxious and eager to get them back. Luckily we had a lot of wedding planning projects to do at that point so that kept us pretty busy.
    Anniversary

• Two weeks for getting your photos back is pretty good/standard. My turnaround for a portrait session was about 2-3 weeks for all photos w/ edits. Weddings take longer as there are more photos to go through.
    @swazzle I can't believe your photog took 4 months! YIPES! I always felt bad when I was pushing it past 4 weeks!

Anyhow @blackbird230 go read a book. By the time you're done, you'll have your photos!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002, yea the issue is that I get bored at work. I'm sure once I go to the barn tonight I'll calm down!

• Well of course! Cause loving on the sweet red head will take your mind off of anything! 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I was more nervous than excited about getting our e-pics back. I'm not photogenic, and it poured down rain on the day of our photo shoot, and my pretty hair turned into a hot mess. I focused on other wedding related stuff to stop myself from obsessing over how the photos would turn out.

@blackbird230 I hope you AW some of your photos! Can't wait to see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm sure you'll see your photos soon! My photographer had a sneak peek of our engagement session up after about 6 days ish? And a cd with all of our photos to us in the mail just under 2 weeks after our photo session. We did it in March though so she wasn't crazy busy with wedding season and was able to get everything turned back around to us very quickly.

I can't wait to see your pictures!

• Two weeks for getting your photos back is pretty good/standard. My turnaround for a portrait session was about 2-3 weeks for all photos w/ edits. Weddings take longer as there are more photos to go through.
    @swazzle I can't believe your photog took 4 months! YIPES! I always felt bad when I was pushing it past 4 weeks!

Anyhow @blackbird230 go read a book. By the time you're done, you'll have your photos!
    Ditto @beanbot2002 - For portraits or engagements my standard is 2 weeks, but typically it's less than that. Wedding is about 4-6 weeks.

@blackbird230 - Just do what we tell everyone when they're waiting for an engagement. Find a hobby, read a book, focus on work. Two weeks is not that long and will be here before you know it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards