Wedding Invitations & Paper

Mailing RSVP from Germany to US

This is probably a stupid question... We're inviting a cousin in Germany and we live in the US. I have the special forever stamps, and I looked up how to format a German address. How would I format the US address on the RSVP card so that it's returned to me? Would it be the same as normal? I surprisingly didn't find an answer when I Googled this.

Re: Mailing RSVP from Germany to US

• OMG, didn't even think of this when I sent my international invitations! Smart question.
  • Firstly, a US stamp won't work for mailing something from Germany to the US. It only works when you post from the US.

Secondly, just add the country at the bottom of the envelope. I'm not sure how you are writing addresses to this cousin, but keep it as clear as possible (ie if it is 18 Bernaurstrasse write "18" and not "eighteen"). I tend to put "Germany/ Deutschland" on the bottom if the country name is different in the indigenous language. For your RSVP just put USA on the bottom. 

And ditto PP- let them know they can RSVP via email if that is easier.
  • The lady at the post office sold me two international US stamps so that the RSVP could be returned. I guess she didn't know the rules either. Thanks very much for the help!  The email option is a good idea, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards