Not Engaged Yet

CAKE

It's time to AW the cakes.  Right nao.
We alternated layers: 2 chocolate with raspberry buttercream, 2 yellow with chocolate ganache.  The bakery made a fresh top layer for our first anniversary, which was really nice!

Re: CAKE

• I have no recollection of what flavors my cake was. My caterer sucked and the cake arrived pretty fucked up which I was informed of right after doing the first-look. I politely told them they could throw it in the trash if they wanted because I was too happy to care. My florist did her best to make it more presentable.  

• I don't know what the cake will look like yet. It has to travel an hour in my parents' car (because my baker is cool and is letting us pick it up a day early), so it has to be something that travels well. It has to serve 112. Maybe cupcakes? Flavors are also up in the air since I haven't gone to the tasting yet. Looking forward to getting a lot of inspiration from this thread!

This is what my cake will look like.

Anybody want to help me out with flavors (I took a few options out that we already had vetoed)?  The following are our choices:  I was thinking of doing 1 tier of Chocolate cake w/peanut butter cup filling and 1 tier of marble w/ caramel milk chocolate filling.  Is that too much chocolate though (or are both options too rich)??  A lot of people on the various Disney sites rave about an almond cake with the amaretto crunch filling.

Wedding Cake Flavors

• Yellow
    • Chocolate
    • Marble
    • Almond

Wedding Cake Fillings

• White Chocolate Mousse
    • Dark Chocolate Mousse
    • Milk Chocolate Mousse
    • Raspberry Mousse
    • Amaretto Mousse
    • Amaretto Mousse with Almond Crunch
    • Strawberry Mousse
    • Tropical Mousse (pineapple, passion fruit-mango, and lime mixed)
    • Caramel Milk Chocolate Mousse
    • Buttercream
    • Cream Cheese
    • Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
    • Peanut Butter Cup (dark chocolate and peanut butter cream cheese mousses layered together)
    • Bavarian Cream
    • Bailey’s Mousse
    • Mocha Mousse

Anniversary
  • @severmilli12 - If you're keeping the rest of the decoration the same as the inspiration pic, then I would vote mint; give the cake a bit of pop.

I love looking at cake and thinking about cake but have no idea what kind of wedding cake we will have. The only thing I DO know is that I have to get a small fruitcake tier or my mother will disown me. Seriously, we've been having this fight since I was 16; she thinks that wedding cake should only be fruitcake and I think that I should actually want to eat my wedding cake. I've been telling her for like 10 years that she will get a small fruitcake tier and that's as far as I'm budging lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2014
    CAKE!  Actually our cake was the one think I wanted to spend the least on.  We were having a bunch of mini desserts and with about 80 people and a semi destination, I didn't want it to go to waste.  We ended up getting it from Whole Foods for $50.  It had buttercream frosting and a mixed berry filling with white cake.  it was so yummy!  We plan on having a small one replicated for our anniversary. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @doubleSS07 since we didn't go on our HM right away, they boxed up all the leftover cake for us.  All. the. cake.
  • I really wish we could have enjoyed more of our cake :(  We had traveled from TX to CA then flew out to the Dominican Republic the next day and then home to TX from there.  H's family got all.the.cake. 

• my cake was alternating layers of chocolate/raspberry swirl with chocolate ganache filling and then chocolate cake with raspberry filling, and a chocolate buttercream icing.  we decorated it ourselves after they delivered it.  H's cake was a tres leches cake!
  • @swazzle my recollection of your cake is that it was delicious!  SwazzleCake <3
  • We have our cake tasting in August so for flavors I have no idea. I know there won't be chocolate because FI hates chocolate. I think one layer might be a fruit filling with a ganache and maybe another layer of just a chocolate filling because I love chocolate, I don't know, if there's too many choices I start getting overhwhelmed.

Here are some inspiration pictures of what we want:

We're ordering this topper and having it match us and our fur babies:

LINK

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Man, I'm so hungry after looking at these. I may or may not be drooling at my desk... 

Also, I had no clue you could do alternating layers! Mind is blown right now. 

• @cu97tiger

Omg the quilting on your cake is fabulous! I was just talking about  fondant quilting with my friend. He's really into baking and his mom just sent him an expensive piping set which he's very excited for. 
  • If I stop home from work and buy cupcakes, I'm blaming ALL OF YOU GUYS (myself included)!!!!

Anniversary
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @weewittlewizabeth I had no idea about the alternating layers either!! That's so cool!!  I also had no idea there were so many cake options for wedding cake! I thought you got chocolate, vanilla, or marble mostly :)

• BreMR said:
    @weewittlewizabeth I had no idea about the alternating layers either!! That's so cool!!  I also had no idea there were so many cake options for wedding cake! I thought you got chocolate, vanilla, or marble mostly :)

Me too! I can see why cake tastings are so important!

• We just stopped into a bakery yesterday...me and FMIL...she wants to pay for the cake and edible favors.  We're going back for a tasting next Wednesday.  I wanted to eat cake!!!  We're definitely trying the almond cake with raspberry filling...that seems to be what FMIL wants, and frankly I hate deciding on that...because, well, I would be happy with just about any flavors.  They will give us a few other things to sample as well. 

Here's an inspiration cake, mine will be much smaller with only 45 guests!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards