Honeymoon Discussions

Weekend Getaway Help

So the wedding is in 2 months and we haven't booked a honeymoon yet. Financially it's a little tough and we really don't have the time to take off for a honeymoon. We seen a few years ago a resort that's all inclusive and had spas, hiking, water stuff, yoga, ect ect. Unfortunately I can't find it so I was wondering if anyone can suggest a place that's similar for a weekend getaway. We are thinking anywhere in the northeast. 
We just want to spend a relaxing weekend together doing some fun activities. Thanks!! 

Re: Weekend Getaway Help

• dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2014

I don't know of any AIs in the northeast.  I think both the Mohonk Mountain House in NY state & the Greenbier in WV have  packages where you can buy meals to be included.  Both will allow you to bring your own wine. 

For something more economical either check out local B&Bs or pick a city / resort place & book through a discount site like Hotwire or Priceline so you have extra money to spend on food. 

The Poconos & Niagara Falls are HM clichés for a reason from the northeast. 

• Mohonk Mountain House was the first place I thought of. Look into Skytop Lodge in the Poconos; H went there for a work retreat and said it was really nice.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Where in the Northeast are you looking?  I'd suggest just doing Air BnB for a weekend on the Eastern Shore somewhere (I'm in DC, so I mean MD or DE, but you could always do the shore further north). 

FI are actually doing a getaway this weekend to the MD eastern shore-$100/night in a farmhouse we found on Air BnB along a river.  Canoes, BBQ grill, dock for fishing...it sounds great.  We'll have an expensive meal out one night (probably crabs) but otherwise will probably grill out and eat snacks/lunch/breakfast at the house, which saves a ton of money. 

Get creative!
  • The Poconos?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Awesome, ladies!!! I will start checking these places out. We are honestly happy anywhere from Maine to possible maybe even south to Virginia. It's killing me that I can't find this place. It was like $300/night and it was adults only and it was almost like a summer camp with a million activities. FI and I are not fans of just lying on the beach. We love exploring and seeing new things. 
  • @silver0319 both are very nice!! Poconos isn't too far from where we are getting married too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards