Wedding Party

MOH Not Planning

I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in mid August. The MOH in the wedding has not made any contact about a bachelorette party for the bride. Since we are getting close to the wedding I finally emailed her asking if she was planning anything offering to help if needed. That was a week ago and I still haven't heard anything back from her. I don't really know her or the other bridesmaids really well so I am not sure what I should do. I feel that everyone deserves a bachelorette party even if it is a smaller event. Should I reach out to all the other bridesmaids asking if we are doing anything or just wait to see if the MOH does anything? I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I am getting worried that the wedding is less then two months away and no plans have been made! 

Re: MOH Not Planning

• I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in mid August. The MOH in the wedding has not made any contact about a bachelorette party for the bride. Since we are getting close to the wedding I finally emailed her asking if she was planning anything offering to help if needed. That was a week ago and I still haven't heard anything back from her. I don't really know her or the other bridesmaids really well so I am not sure what I should do. I feel that everyone deserves a bachelorette party even if it is a smaller event. Should I reach out to all the other bridesmaids asking if we are doing anything or just wait to see if the MOH does anything? I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I am getting worried that the wedding is less then two months away and no plans have been made! 
    Yep, if I were you I'd take the lead at this point and contact the other BM's/MOH and ask them if they'd like to plan a Bach- party, and if so ask them to contact you and let you know what their budgets are.

If all of a sudden the MOH jumps up and is all pissy because you are "stepping on her toes" apologize and let her take over if she really wants to.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I would also suggest talking to the bride - the likelihood that someone else has offered to host a bachelorette party is small, but it is possible. This way if things do go forward with you planning it the bride is a little bit in the know.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    Pellegcm said:
    I would also suggest talking to the bride - the likelihood that someone else has offered to host a bachelorette party is small, but it is possible. This way if things do go forward with you planning it the bride is a little bit in the know.
    Or it's possible she told the MOH she didn't want a bachelorette party and that information just didn't make it to the rest of you.  

ETA: Since you don't know each other well it's possible that your e-mail went to her spam filter or she deleted it without realizing who it was from.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Anyone can host a bach - not just the MOH. Ask the bride if she'd like you to host it. She may say "yes! I've been hoping someone would" or "no, I don't want one" or "that's ok, MOH is taking care of it." Take it from there. 

If she says yes, I would ask the MOH/BMs if they want to have a part in co-hosting. If they don't, don't ask them for money (this happens a lot so I'm throwing it out JIC). If the MOH wants to take over, I'd just let her and notify the bride that MOH wanted to do it so you're handing over the reigns. I suggest communicating that to the bride because if the MOH is a ball-dropper - as it seems she may be - you'll want to cover yourself so the bride doesn't think you had a part in the dropping of the ball in the event it doesn't happen.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards