Snarky Brides

WTF, you aren't invited...

2»

Re: WTF, you aren't invited...

• Thanks for the advice, everybody. I spoke wih the senior parter I work under last night and the two of us are having a meeting with HR first thing Monday morning. I'm beyond the point of being pissed off, I just hope I don't go off on them in front of a client. My fiancé said at least they were polite enough to RSVP before crashing our wedding, at least security will be ready for them. I guess 25 is the new 22 when it comes to doing stupid shit.
    Don't blame an age group! There are stupid people at every age. I know plenty of 22-year-olds who would never dream of doing anything like that.
    I heard of a similar circumstance with ex-coworkers, and the "crashers" were in their 50's. 

It has more to do with personal ethics, manners, and maturity than it does age. Some people got it - some people don't. 
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• My jaw is still on the floor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • So what happened at your meeting?
    Anniversary

• So what happened at your meeting?
    yes, we would love an update! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is hella crazy!
  • Idk what to say to this. It is so far over the line. Keep us updated!
  • @skyhigh27 ?  Any updates?
  • I hope they are too embarrassed to think of crashing the other one now. They should be, at least.
  • skyhigh27 said:
    Well, the good news is I don't have to work in close proximity to either of them anymore. They both got written up and are currently without a senior partner to work under, so they're probably bitching about me on Facebook or something. They were both shocked I was upset that they stole from me and told our HR guy that they simply wanted to save me the postage and hassle of having to mail them anything! I guess they missed that stupid wedding cake stamp on the outer envelope. Were you all aware that you are obligated to invite co-workers to your wedding because it's the polite thing to do?? I suggested they reimburse me for the cost of two more invitation mailers, our printer's time is valuable when it comes to hand setting his letter press!

Another co-worker is getting married in three weeks, we now have an office pool on if they're going to crash that wedding, too. 

Seriously though, I'm glad it went well and that some action was taken.  I still just can't even wrap my head around how anyone would think that's even remotely OK.
    Anniversary

• Okay, here's where I'm annoyed - they claim they wanted to save you the hassle and cost of postage. I call shenanigans, because if they did, they would have pointed out your invites, asked if their invites were in there, and then offer to take their invites to save you the trouble. But they didn't, which means they figured they wouldn't be invited and they are just being rude.

• Aside from being totally flabbergasted that stuff like this actually happens (who ARE these people?), you are the woman! It's great that your HR department was able to help; I work for a small company, and I'd definitely be on my own on something like this.

I'd probably let it slide, because I'd be so embarrassed that someone was such a card carrying dumbass, and that I'd have to tell them. 

That having been said, my fella would absolutely lay the smack down.  He's totally ruthless on stuff like this.  I love that about him.  <3

• This is the sort of incident that requires me telling evil chipmunk why she doesn't want to deal with the paperwork and time given to answer to charges of beating the shit out of people with a crowbar. For hours.

Holy hell op, I hope the higher ups do something nice for you after dealing with these nuts- I think a pre wedding full treatment spa day is well earned
  • QueridaSaraQueridaSara member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    This is the sort of incident that requires me telling evil chipmunk why she doesn't want to deal with the paperwork and time given to answer to charges of beating the shit out of people with a crowbar. For hours. Holy hell op, I hope the higher ups do something nice for you after dealing with these nuts- I think a pre wedding full treatment spa day is well earned
    My alter ego, Happy Human Resource Lady has tendinitis and carpel tunnel from spoon feeding people, so I sympathize with your struggle.  Seriously, though....  Sometimes, I want to flick people in the forehead. 

Sometimes, people deserve it. Don't they??

EDIT: DARN IT, where are my signature images!?

• I'm glad you stuck up for yourself and that it went so well!!

What a couple of absolute idiots.

• skyhigh27 said:
    Well, the good news is I don't have to work in close proximity to either of them anymore. They both got written up and are currently without a senior partner to work under, so they're probably bitching about me on Facebook or something. They were both shocked I was upset that they stole from me and told our HR guy that they simply wanted to save me the postage and hassle of having to mail them anything! I guess they missed that stupid wedding cake stamp on the outer envelope. Were you all aware that you are obligated to invite co-workers to your wedding because it's the polite thing to do?? I suggested they reimburse me for the cost of two more invitation mailers, our printer's time is valuable when it comes to hand setting his letter press!

Another co-worker is getting married in three weeks, we now have an office pool on if they're going to crash that wedding, too. 
    This reminds me of the behaviors of some of my former clients……….the ones with severe mental health disorders.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards