Wedding Party

CALLING ALL MARINE CORPS BRIDES (and anyone else with color scheme ideas)

Hey ladies! I'm getting married next June (yay!) and my fiance is a Second Lieutenant in the Marine Corps. He's going to wear his uniform for our wedding (the dress uniform that is black top, white pants). I am totally supportive of him wearing his uniform, I think it's awesome! The only issue is that I really want to use the wedding colors mint and yellow. Do you think I can make these colors work with his uniform? Or will it clash too much? Damn my love of pastel colors!

Advice please! :)

Re: CALLING ALL MARINE CORPS BRIDES (and anyone else with color scheme ideas)

• OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    mgephar said:
    Hey ladies! I'm getting married next June (yay!) and my fiance is a Second Lieutenant in the Marine Corps. He's going to wear his uniform for our wedding (the dress uniform that is black top, white pants). I am totally supportive of him wearing his uniform, I think it's awesome! The only issue is that I really want to use the wedding colors mint and yellow. Do you think I can make these colors work with his uniform? Or will it clash too much? Damn my love of pastel colors!

Advice please! :)
    I think it would look fine!  Since FI's jacket is black, he is wearing a neutral color already and the mint and yellow will go fine.  I would probably put the GM in grey suits with mint ties.
  • I wouldn't worry about matching his uniform.  Black and white are pretty neutral so your colors should work just fine.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, it will be fine.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Agree with PP's. Also, will any of your FI's potential groomsmen want to wear their uniforms as well (if they are also service members)? I think it will look really nice. My dad wore his dress blues (retired Army colonel) for my sister's wedding and will do the same for mine. My sister's colors were navy and coral and the Army dress uniform has an orange cumberbund and orange stripes down the sides of the pants....and the color mismatch didn't clash or look wrong in photos at all. I think you'll look back and appreciate the fact that your husband wore his dress uniform to the wedding regardless of what colors you go with. My mom has always said that she regretted not having a military wedding with my dad in uniform even though they were married on base by a military chaplain.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards