Not Engaged Yet

AW your Bridesmaid's dresses!

I went back and forth on mine SO many times. From this cornflower blue color, to navy, then to cornflower WITH navy. In hindsight, I wish I'd let the girls pick their dresses, but no one complained. Funny story, I told them to pick their own shoes out in silver. Then changed my mind to navy. All three picked the EXACT same shoes, but one missed the 'navy' memo, so one was silver and two were navy. We figured it out on the way to the rehearsal and had a good laugh about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: AW your Bridesmaid's dresses!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I can't find a picture of mine in our actual color but here's the dress! It's Jordan 534. The girls will be wearing it in charcoal...not purple. I went back and forth a lot on colors too. I was originally thinking burnt orange but changed my mind at the last minute (probably for the best).image

• I've been talking about BM's dresses to my sister all morning, so perfect thread! I've been thinking about doing midnight blue bridesmaid's dresses such as this , and do tablecloths in the same color, and then do lots of pale colors (blush pink, sage green, ivory) for flower/decor. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • labrolabro member
    @hummingbird125 I like how you can alter the neckline of the dress you linked to! Very cute!

• @TwoDimes thanks! I had a really hard time deciding what I wanted to do with the dresses since I couldn't get all the same style and color, but I'm glad I did same style/different color.
    Anniversary

• I don't know what my MOH's dress will look like yet - I told her to get anything black and knee-length. I hope she's got something hanging in her closet, and if not, she's got months to turn soemthing up. Love everyone's BMs' dresses!
  • All I've told my MOH is that I'm pretty open. 
    My preferences - Color:  Grey, Brown, Yellow, Orange, or Purple
    Knee-Length

If MOH wants a long dress, she can have it and other colors might be ok too.  I'm trying to avoid anything TOO dark because it will be Florida and warm/hot.

Anniversary
  • My BMs wore black dresses. I didn't care what material or style the dress was. I suggested black, silver, or nude shoes and they all went with black. They also all wanted short which didn't matter much to me at the time, but looking back I kind of wish I had asked them to go with long. 

• I'd like to play, but I have no wedding party.  Here's my mom's dress.  FMIL hasn't picked one yet.  My mom loves hers.  It kind of goes with my dress b/c it has lace with some beadwork within the lace parts.  It's navy, not black.

• @swazzle, why do you want long in retrospect?
  • @swazzle, why do you want long in retrospect?
    I don't have a real reason, honestly. I think I just see long more often than short and I just love the look of it. 

• Oh, we're doing MOB and MOG, too, yay!

My mom and DH's mom both chose the same color. They were so funny about not wanting to 'one-up' each other and both asked me REPEATEDLY if I cared they were wearing the same color. I actually kind of loved it, because all of our family pictures look so put together (my sis and BIL were in the wedding party, and my SFIL also wore the same tux as the wedding party).

The pic with me is my mom. The pic on her own is my MIL.

• My BM's are wearing different styles of dresses but all from Dessy, lux chiffon material, floor length, and in rose.

• Here's my mama in her dress (the first is one of my favorite pictures from the whole day when she was walking me down the aisle and the 2nd is a better shot of her dress when my parents were announced at the reception):

I've attached a pic of MIL and her BF (with their faces removed JIC). 
    MIL.jpg 78.8K

• I gave my BMs a color (Alfred Angelo claret) and they got whatever.  This is a ghetto picture of a picture....

• @severmilli12 - I love your BM dresses! That is a beautiful color combination!

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited June 2014
    @bethsmiles thanks!! They came from Target's line of BM dresses for $70! Can't beat that :)
    Anniversary

• My Mom and the MILs (stepmom and mom) didn't coordinate with each other. I thought they all looked stunning though. My MIL wore Navy which matched basically the entire wedding lol and my mom wore a tan colored (peuter, can't spell) dress. I absolutely loved it! Here is a picture of her dress:

• Can I play? I am a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding next year, and here are the dresses we have to pick from. But I helped her to pick them out :). I think I want to go with the first one, depending on how it looks on me. 

• Hiii

Here's my goofy Paint collage of the dresses n shoes my BMs wore a couple of years ago...

• I had a few shades of blush.  I told the girls a shade of blush and short.  I didn't care what the style was as long as it fit their figure well, how much it cost or the fabric it was made from.  They all wore different nude shoes.  I loved how they all came out together! 

Faces blacked out to protect the guilty!

THIS!!! THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!! @SWAZZLE

*******************************************************************************************

• @GoldenPenguin and @Swazzle:

I'm passing this down to you.  My MOH jokingly sent this to me in a text when I was talking about wedding crap.  It went on for 10 months while planning and she even got me a tee shirt for Christmas!  I was so NOT a bridezilla and therefore the silly cartoon t-rex was even funnier.

• Swazzle said:

I had a few shades of blush.  I told the girls a shade of blush and short.  I didn't care what the style was as long as it fit their figure well, how much it cost or the fabric it was made from.  They all wore different nude shoes.  I loved how they all came out together! 

Faces blacked out to protect the guilty!

THIS!!! THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!! @SWAZZLE
    NO, BRIDEZILLA. I WANT TO WEAR THIS:

YES... Please wear that!

• I have no formal pics yet from my photographer here is a pic of the bridesmaids dresses hard to see they were Jim Hjelm and blush pink in a crinkle chiffon.  I loved them.  

001.JPG 453.4K

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards