New Jersey

Question for Il Tulipano/Grove Brides

Hi ladies,

Can any brides or brides-to-be tell me about their hotel info./experiences if you are using/used Il Tulipano or The Grove (I ask for both since they are so close to one another.) My venue recommends The Hampton Inn & Suites, The Holiday Inn, The Best Western, and The Wilshire Grand. The Holiday Inn offers great rates but no complimentary breakfast, and the reviews are not so great. The Wilshire Grand is beautiful but the rate is $189 per night which seems very steep to me. I'm looking to pay around $130. Thank you!

Re: Question for Il Tulipano/Grove Brides

• Try the Crowne Plaza in Fairfield. Not too far from either place. It's right down 23 and onto 46 east (you have to go west and make a u-turn.) They are very nice there!
  • My friend blocked the Best Western on 46 a few years ago for her wedding. It was great - really modern and clean - and they had a free breakfast.
  • I second Best Western! Very clean, nice bar/lounge, and great breakfast buffet included! 
  • Thanks ladies! Best Western has been booked :)
  • Glad to have found this, i also know that 3 of the hotels for il tulipano say they offer free shuttle service to and from venue. You may want to ask if best western does as well or if they can give you a quote to set it up. better for your friends and family so they don't drink and drive.

i am an il tulipano bride nxt summer so i am going to look into this too
  • Yes, Best Western does offer free shuttle service for your guests. To my surprise, they sent a limo to pick me and my husband up and take us back to our complimentary room!
  • Just wanted to update this, i worked with the new kleinfeld room block service and got the best help. we narrowed our choice down to the sheraton in parsippany. they will do a room block for you and have a great suite option if you plan to get ready there with your girls.
    that's what i am doing.
    they also offer free shuttle to il tulipano if you have 10 rooms booked and there is a bar/lounge on site and a pool and fitness center too if that matters to you. i think for weekend the rate was around $129 per night.

• ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    LauraBell1020 and any other brides who booked Best Western - did you have breakfast in the dining room or a private room? If you did the dining room, was it easy to save a couple tables so your guests could sit together? 
  • @ctr24 My wedding is in August but when my FI and I went to check out the Best Western we received a tour from a manager who showed us the beautiful dining room where they serve breakfast! I'm not sure if they have a private room, but I would imagine that you can reserve seating in the dining space for breakfast the next morning.
  • I'm stressing out about the hotel block. Our wedding is at The Grove.   After reading this thread I contacted Kleinfeld hotel block service and Laura is great to deal with.  My only issue is that the Sheraton Parsippany needs 15 rooms to get a free shuttle and we probably only need 7 rooms.  They don't offer a free suite for the bride and groom unless you have 20 rooms booked or something like that.  The shuttle will cost $300 each way and then in addition we'd have to pay for a room.  Just seems like an extra expense we don't need.  The Westminster is nice but they will be under renovation and I don't want to deal wit that.  I don't want the hotel to be any further than 15-20 minutes and all the other hotels are too far.  We are going to check out the best western but I'm just feeling a little bummed that it might not be a nice enough hotel for our wedding night.  I wouldn't mind staying there as a guest I just thought we would have something a little more special.  What do you guys think?  Am I making a big deal about nothing?  Fiance feels even stronger about this. 
  • I wound up booking my room block for sheraton parsippany. it is a little far but it is amazing inside and they have a pool and gorgeous grounds if you want to have some options for your guests for the day before or after to hang out there. I had to pay for my bridal suite too and i dont think i will wind up booking 15 rooms for the free shuttle, but if i do that is great. anything on rt 46 is closer to grove, but its not as nice so its up to you which you prefer. the quality or the closeness
  • Not to mention the cost.  It will be more expensive to have it at the Sheraton bc of the $600 for the shuttle which I will definitely have to pay (don't need 15 rooms), cost of a suite, and breakfast at &18.95pp.  Probably be over $1000.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards