October 2012 Weddings

who's wearing the cake bet wording?

I seen this on pintrest but I cant read the wording on the card or think of how to word it. Any Ideas ladies?
Photobucket invite1

Re: who's wearing the cake bet wording?

• The only thing I can read on it is "who wear's the cake" which is a misuse of an apostrophe.  I don't know what this "cake bet" is, so I can't be of any help for wording it.  My guess is that the guests put money in whichever glass of the person who will get smashed with cake and then the B & G get to keep the money.  Good luck.
  • I saw this at our best man's wedding earlier this year. Guests 'vote' by putting money in either container to determine who should get cake smashed in their face. Whoever ended up with more money in their container (in this case it was the groom) got cake in the face.

I would strongly suggest you reconsider doing this. Obviously you know your guests best and if you think they'd appreciate it, fine. But at BM's wedding, the whole thing just came off as forced and super awkward.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Im sorry....this is extremely tacky. Asking for money is bad and smashing cake in your new husbands face is also low class.
  • I would avoid doing anything that makes guests open their wallet. I always feel super uncomfortable in situations like that.
    Anniversary
  • I think its bad enough when couples try to get cake on the other...much less ask their guests to place a "bet" on who will get more cake on their face.  This is just terrible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_whos-wearing-the-cake-bet-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:72f68650-1b76-44fb-81ec-dbfa219d98f7Post:01161430-7f77-4a4d-96a6-992d3e6ae042">Re: who's wearing the cake bet wording?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think its bad enough when couples try to get cake on the other</strong>...much less ask their guests to place a "bet" on who will get more cake on their face.  This is just terrible.
    Posted by CarolineandDean[/QUOTE]
    I've told FI if he even tried, he's dead.
    Anniversary
  • I will kill FI right then and there and have the shortest marriage ever, lol if he puts cake anywhere on me!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_whos-wearing-the-cake-bet-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:72f68650-1b76-44fb-81ec-dbfa219d98f7Post:4a087dad-64f9-4023-a3c4-9f9bc4044e78">Re: who's wearing the cake bet wording?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: who's wearing the cake bet wording? : I've told FI if he even tried, he's dead.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

Same. I told him it's the epitome of disrespect and that I don't think it's cute, sweet, funny, or entertaining. Oh, and that I'm wearing the most expensive garment I will ever wear in my life and spending more money than I've ever spent on hair and make-up, and if any of those things are smeared with red velvet cake, I will not be pleased.

I think he got the picture. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_whos-wearing-the-cake-bet-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:72f68650-1b76-44fb-81ec-dbfa219d98f7Post:a960de43-6810-4868-87cd-50db8937289f">Re: who's wearing the cake bet wording?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: who's wearing the cake bet wording? : Same. I told him it's the epitome of disrespect and that I don't think it's cute, sweet, funny, or entertaining. <strong>Oh, and that I'm wearing the most expensive garment I will ever wear in my life and spending more money than I've ever spent on hair and make-up</strong>, and if any of those things are smeared with red velvet cake, I will not be pleased. I think he got the picture. :)
    Posted by Ali092011[/QUOTE]

This. Why spend all that money just to waste it for a photo op? No thanks.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Who wear's the cake?

Care to wage a bet? Throw some dough in the flute of your choice and who has the most cash by cake cutting wins the toast. 

I think thats what is say's.  It's on pintrest. 

I couldn't do this.  It's bad enough we are doing the money dance.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_whos-wearing-the-cake-bet-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:72f68650-1b76-44fb-81ec-dbfa219d98f7Post:2dd3efbb-4aa9-487f-b1dc-92b48fac4c23">Re:who's wearing the cake bet wording?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<font color="#ff00ff">Im sorry....this is extremely tacky.</font> Asking for money is bad and smashing cake in your new husbands face is also low class.
    Posted by TheSlowskys[/QUOTE]

Ditto. And the cake in the face is childish. what are we? 12?
  • Card says - "Who wear's the cake? Care to wager a bet? Throw some dough in the flute of your choice and whoever has the most cash by cake cutting wears the frosting."
  • I agree! Weddings are supposed to be fun! Trust me, it will be the most expensive day of my life as well, but it's a celebration! Let loose a little and have some fun. My fiance and I are doing this. We have an agreement that we can give the guests what they want by making sure someone gets "cake in their face", but nothing so drastic that it will ruin hair or dress... Our guests will really enjoy it too because we have some rotten/ornery people who already think this is the best thing they've ever heard. Do you really think people want to open their wallets to dance with you? Of course not... That's what's tacky. But they will if it's a bet because it allows them to have fun in friendly competition. And no one ever said to chase them down begging for money. Have it sit on a table so if they want to participate they can, but they aren't obligated too.
  • I agree! My fiancé and I are doing this for ours as well because he doesn't like to dance and I am not all about something pinning money to my dress and I don't want to dance with people I don't know on his side and people that are in love with me on my side. Too much weirdness and jealousy. My wedding isn't traditional anyway because we are wearing cowboy boots and the guys are wearing nice blue jeans. Also we didn't have an engagement party or bridal shower so I think it's appropriate to have this instead of a money dance. I love how people are saying it's "asking for money"; are you literally in their face as a beggar saying give to me? No! You're not! So stop whining, get those poles out of your butts and have some fun for once in your lives and stop harping on other peoples weddings, who are you to say their wedding is tacky because it wasn't like yours. The wedding is just a big party to celebrate, some of you make it seem like it has rules and it's like a finishing school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards