Chit Chat
Options

Well it's been a doozy of a few weeks! A bit of a catch up, sorry it's long. AI've missed you guys!

Hello ladies! I've missed you all. This is usually my evening wind down, but school and working have gotten me all messed up. (Full time summer classes were a bad idea, especially since my summer work schedule has gone bazeeeerk. I manage an aquatic facility and we're in full swing of crazy town right now.) So instead of winding down with a glass of wine and some good reading, I've been teaching swim classes and working on research papers....Awesome. 

On top of all that the wedding is now a month away and a ton has happened. Things with our caterer went to shit...Paid a hefty deposit in November and met with the owners in March. Long story short, they were insanely rude, told us they forgot about our meeting and that we were lucky they happened to be there. (If we had driven four hours and they didn't show after we had a confirmation of the meeting, I would have lost my mind. But thanks for making us feel like crap and making us feel that we weren't worth the time) any whooo, The caterer pretty much stopped talking to us after we met, one worded emails, both owners told us different prices on all parts of the reception, wouldn't answer phone calls, and refused to send a contract even after we repeatedly asked for one....It was a shit storm. All from a highly rated, restaurant in Savannah. 

Sooooo last week, we make  the decision to cut our losses and find a new venue. (We stuck with the other one because it was next door to where all the guests would be staying. We LOVED the convenience, but with no more information than we had 8 months ago, it was time to go.)  We called several venues and all were booked...But the last one we tried, was available and agreed to meet us the following weekend. Every question we had was answered in one sitting! Crazy! The event coordinator was beyond friendly and said he had heard of this happening before from the other venue. The location is beautiful and the food was amazing! Can't believe we didn't find this place sooner! So a crazy situation was made all better in 30minutes! Talk about a happy lady. 

On another note, my friend in the crazy up-down roller coaster romance has ended. I was supposed to be her MOH and after months and months of insanity, I took everyone's advice and planned to sit down with her and tell her I could no longer be a part of her wedding. It was too much to handle. She didn't care a thing about my life or anything else if it didn't involve her wedding. I was burned out and after the 12th time it was called off, I had had enough. I planned to have a backbone and back out.....Well I couldn't do it. I felt so bad and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. ( I know, I am a pansy.) I am really glad to say though, that something happened, that she won't tell me, but she kicked him out and the wedding is off off off. I helped her mom send the letters out last week. She is understandably upset with everything but it's crazy how fast she has started going back to her old self. I am seeing her old self poke through and she's back to being the girl I knew before all the wedding stuff. I want her to be happy and know it will take time, but she knows this was for the best. I am just glad she came to the realization before the wedding. 

Sooooo enough babbling...How have all of you been? 

Re: Well it's been a doozy of a few weeks! A bit of a catch up, sorry it's long. AI've missed you guys!

• Options
    Welcome back! I'm soooo glad to hear that you found a new venue after that awful situation with the previous caterer! Things always work out :)

• Options
    Im glad you found a new venue and you and friend are coming together again.  A roller coaster indeed.  I hope you get some time to yourself soon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    So much stress! Get a good massage with a glass of wine and your nails done. And take me with you.

Glad you're back!

image   image   image

• Options
    Glad things are coming along!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards