Wedding Reception Forum
Options

My DREAM - One Long wedding Dinner Table Come True!

HauteRoxyHauteRoxy member
First Answer Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
edited June 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum
I posted about the seating already - but here's a different topic about flowers that didn't fit in with the other post. .

I LOVE succulents. We are going to buy our succulents this week, even though our wedding isn't until October. We want to nurture them and keep an eye on their growth.

We live in MI, our wedding is in TN. They are very hearty and can stand the ride.

For the rest of the floral, we are going down to TN a few days beforehand. I plan on hitting a grocery store and purchasing plenty of fall bouquets, to finish off the flower "look" I want for the rest of my wedding.
 The succulents will line the entire middle length of the dining table along with some wine bottles with tapers candles for ambiance.
 For the bouquets I purchase, I plan on separating them into a variety of several clear glass "vessels" I have been collecting. I am talking about 100 vases maybe, no more than 1 -3 flower stems per vase. I will put them everywhere around the cabin, use them to decorate other areas & the bar, etc. and also use them for the Sunday brunch.

Also. If I arrive a few days beforehand and visit a florist or 2, should they be able to make a smallish hand-tied bouquet for me in that amount of time? Or should I contact a few now and send pictures of what I want and place a deposit? My apologies for being kind of stupid about florists . . .we are green thumb people and I usually do all of my own floral from my garden or make my own arrangements with several bouquets from a grocery store. Obviously my garden isn't an option for our wedding - super sad.

edited for formatting issue again! Many Sorrys

Re: My DREAM - One Long wedding Dinner Table Come True!

• Options
    HauteRoxy said:
    I posted about the seating already - but here's a different topic about flowers that didn't fit in with the other post. .

I LOVE succulents. We are going to buy our succulents this week, even though our wedding isn't until October. We want to nurture them and keep an eye on their growth.

We live in MI, our wedding is in TN. They are very hearty and can stand the ride.

For the rest of the floral, we are going down to TN a few days beforehand. I plan on hitting a grocery store and purchasing plenty of fall bouquets, to finish off the flower "look" I want for the rest of my wedding.
     The succulents will line the entire middle length of the dining table along with some wine bottles with tapers candles for ambiance.
     For the bouquets I purchase, I plan on separating them into a variety of several clear glass "vessels" I have been collecting. I am talking about 100 vases maybe, no more than 1 -3 flower stems per vase. I will put them everywhere around the cabin, use them to decorate other areas & the bar, etc. and also use them for the Sunday brunch.

Also. If I arrive a few days beforehand and visit a florist or 2, should they be able to make a smallish hand-tied bouquet for me in that amount of time? Or should I contact a few now and send pictures of what I want and place a deposit? My apologies for being kind of stupid about florists . . .we are green thumb people and I usually do all of my own floral from my garden or make my own arrangements with several bouquets from a grocery store. Obviously my garden isn't an option for our wedding - super sad.

edited for formatting issue again! Many Sorrys
    If they don't have anything else to do, maybe.  However, they are not going to put you ahead of people who booked and paid for their services several weeks or even months in advance.  Also, they may not have the flowers you want in stock. For example all of the flowers for my wedding were ivory roses.  So they knew they needed to add X number of ivory roses to their order for the time around my wedding.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OK - I am nervous about booking one place, but I guess I CAN see their work online. Not sure what I even want yet! I better start looking. Thank you for the reply :)
  • Options
    HauteRoxy said:
    OK - I am nervous about booking one place, but I guess I CAN see their work online. Not sure what I even want yet! I better start looking. Thank you for the reply :)
    Even if you go in all you will see is photos.  The only way to really see their actual work is if you are at a wedding that used them.  Sometimes you have to have a little faith :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards