Attire & Accessories Forum

Has anyone chosen the Sonata wedding dress by Sottero and Midgley?

You can see the dress here http://www.theknot.com/wedding-dress/sottero-midgley/sonata-1

I love this dress in pictures, but I haven't seen it in person.  Have you tried on or chosen this dress?  What did you think?

Answers

• That looks like a slinky sheath dress.  I have not tried on that particular one, but did try some on from other designers.  They will show every lump and bump so they are best for very slim/toned brides.  
  • emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2014

I tried this on and it is beautiful! However, it did not have enough structure for me. Like PP said, very slinky. I'm an hour glass shape and it just didn't hang quite right. I also think I was too short for that dress.

Edited because I can't type.

• I haven't tried it, but I HATE their model shots. How the eff am I supposed to get an opinion on the dress based on the model hunching over and hiding half of it. Ugh.
  • This is my dress! I have to say it looks nothing like the model shots when it's on! I have hips and a bum and it looked brilliant on I got mind in white with the pewter overlay much nicer too. I felt very glamourous in it! I have no pics with me in it though :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards