Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invites to couples who don't live together

This is just something I was curious about - if you are inviting a friend who has a significant other that they're not living with, do you send an invitation to each of them, or just to the friend with both names on the invite? 

For example, let's say you're friends with John X, and he is dating but not living with Jane Y. You've met Jane Y a couple of times but don't know her at all outside her relationship with John X. Do you send Jane Y her own invitation, or do you just send one invite to John X's address with both their names on it? 

When the time comes to send out invitations, I'll do whatever's considered most polite, but I just think it would be kind of strange to send a separate invitation to someone that you have only met a couple of times who might not remember who you are. But let me know what you guys think. 

Re: Invites to couples who don't live together

• I'm equal friends with both John X and Jane Y... I don't know the proper way of doing it, but I just figured that when the time came I'd email them both and say 'hey! Who wants the invitation for the two of you? Send me the address!'

For your scenario, I'd send it to the person you're closest to, addressed to both of them.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • We sent them to the person we were closest to, addressed to both, as PP suggested.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I did as PP's did - one invite, addressed to both with one name on each line, no "and" between them.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I had many invites like this.  Whenever we talked to the couple we would just ask who wanted the invite sent to their house and then sent it accordingly.

• Send the invitation to the home of the person you are closest to and address the envelope to that person first, and then their partner on the next line.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards