Wedding Reception Forum
Options

insight on these decor ideas

I am not very good at being creative even less executing the ideas on my mind into the world. We have to start looking to decoration quotes soon but I am not 100% sure what I want. I am not a big flower person and our venue is filled with plants. Our colors are navy blue and apple/cedar green. I was thinking of using calla lillies and green cymbidium orchis for flowers (my bouquet, the BM will each carry 1 long stemmed calla lilly and a small bouquet for the MOH). 

These are things I have pinned that we like: 

would this be very expensive?? any insight on these ideas how to make them less dramatic? we don't want huge decorations so people can easily socialize. Would this still look classy enough for a formal wedding? 

Re: insight on these decor ideas

• Options
    I swear to god I've pinned all of those and LOVE THEM.

I also found this and priced out something similar with silk orchids, and it worked out to $130ish per table for 16 tables (not including table rental, linens, chairs, plates/silverware etc. decor only)

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    To add, you APPARENTLY can get those cylinder vases at the dollar store. The ones I found on amazon have 3 different sizes. Eastland cylinder vases, if you're looking.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @beethery Thanks!! I will definitely check those out and talk to our coord about it 

• Options
    What time of year is your wedding? The reason I ask is you can buy orchid plants in bloom from almost anywhere in the spring for around $10 a plant. Then you can just cut the blooms off of them and put them in the water yourself. It would be a lot cheaper than buying the blooms individually or having a florist do it for you.

The dollar store does sell clear glass cylinder vases. You can even order them online by the case if they don't have enough in your local store.

I think all the centerpieces you pinned are very nice looking and they would be great for a formal wedding.
  • Options
    @tammym1001 the wedding is in June. I am not doing anything DIY because I will be in med school few weeks before the wedding. I will talk to my coord who will be doing our decoration if we can buy the vases off amazon (sets of 3 @ $15 and free shipping) and have her use her contacts for the flowers since that is her other business.

• Options
    That would be a good idea. If she has flower contacts then she can probably get them even cheaper. I actually would have done those ones too, but I felt like they didn't go with what we were doing. They're so pretty.
  • Options
    That would be a good idea. If she has flower contacts then she can probably get them even cheaper. I actually would have done those ones too, but I felt like they didn't go with what we were doing. They're so pretty.
    since our venue is filled with green plants and i am not a huge flower person I think this will add a more romantic mystical ambiance. good luck with everything and thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards