Honeymoon Discussions

Best Prices for Secrets Silversands Honeymoon

Hi all!

My fiance and I are planning to go to Secrets Silversands near cancun for our honeymoon. We want to find the best price possible and so far it's at Expedia. Has anybody gone through agent sites like Beach Bum Vacations, Apple, or anywhere really? Has anybody gone to Secrets Silversands? And where did you book it through?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Best Prices for Secrets Silversands Honeymoon

• My fiance and I stayed Secrets Silversands in December. I can't remember how much we paid, but we did go through Hotels.com since my fiance had some free night rewards to use. If Hotels.com is priced similarly to Expedia, you might want to go with Hotels.com instead. Every 10 nights you book through Hotels.com, you get one for free!
  • Kat1114 thanks for the help! Actually I want to ask additional information if you don't mind? My honeymoon is in January and I can't find any info on what the weather will be like down there. How was it for you in December?
  • Apple Vacations owns Secrets, so if you book with them, there should be very little chance that you will get bumped. I have heard stories of resorts bumping clients that book with sites like Orbitz, Hotels.com, etc.

• @redrosedl42 the weather was pretty great! It wasn't too hot (mid to upper 80s) but the humidity definitely made it feel warmer. It was cloudy one day, and it poured for about 20 minutes. Other than that, it was blue skies and sunshine! 

I would also check out weatherunderground. You can look at the weather from specific dates in previous years.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    Expedia IS a travel agency!  So is Orbitz, Travelocity, and any other website.  How else do you think they make any money?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I've booked 2x on applevacatons.com and I really like them, especially being my first time out of the country and being a little apprehensive about foreign things I may not know about.  They have a specific group just for Apple when you get to the airport and after you go through customs they all have the same bright shirts on so you can't miss them.  Just seemed to sooth my anxiety about he unknown.  Plus it's nice their transfers are included, I don't know if any other travel sites offer that.
  • OP, you could also do the booking in your own if the price is right. We have booked many vacations with Apple and FunJet, and our biggest issue with both is that (more times than not) we have been at our resort and told to meet our Apple rep at xyz time at abc location to get return transfer information. Usually the time they were supposed to be there was the middle of the afternoon, so someone always had to leave the beach or pool... And then the rep wouldn't show up!! This has happened to us enough that we now try to book things direct through the resort, airline, and transfer company to avoid any inconvenience. Just some food for thought!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards