Wedding 911
Options

No RSVP

Help! My wedding is 2 weeks out and I have several people who are still saying maybe. First off I didn't know maybe was an option on a wedding. More importantly though I have already rented tables and chairs and have exactly 1 chair per person. I've already added 2 tables and 16 chairs. I don't want to rent more seating for maybes. Is it more rude for me to expect people who refuse to respond to my invite to stand during the ceremony than for them to not RSVP? It is a casual reception with no sit down dinner so I assume people will be mingling more than sitting.

Re: No RSVP

• Options
    Tell them they have until X day to let you know or you're marking them down as a no.
  • Options
    Ditto MissHart. When was your RSVP deadline? If they are still saying maybe 2 weeks away, it's time to call and say you need an answer or there will not be a seat for them.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Call them and, if needed, explain why you need a firm answer.  It's a lot easier to be non-committal over email, facebook, text, etc.  Have a real conversation and nail it down.
  • Options
    I would call them and say you need an answer right then and there.  If they can't give you one, I would tell them you will need to put them as a "no."  You will need to have an exact count and shouldn't have to keep changing the number of tables and chairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards