Chit Chat

People are such flakes

2»

Re: People are such flakes

• Well I texted her last night because I hadn't heard from her so I just wanted to tell her I was thinking of her and hoping everyone in her family was OK. I didn't ask for a reason or explanation. But she replied that her and her husband have been having some problems. I told her I was here if she ever wanted to vent and we left it at that.

So I guess they must have gotten into a pretty serious fight leading up to the wedding. I can understand going alone to be there for your friend but I can also understand not having the energy to go when dealing with something personal like that. But then again she had the energy to go smile and be merry at the bar so that's a little different than sitting home crying.

• @JellyBean52513‌ I did agree with your point. That she may have had a falling out. Something like that is perfectly acceptable.

@jenna8984‌ I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I can't imagine going and being happy for a friend when my own relationship is circling the drain. Her going out and partying is questionable but another friend may have taken her to cheer her up. If that helped that's what matters. You did the right thing by saying you'll be there for her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jenna8984 said:

Well I texted her last night because I hadn't heard from her so I just wanted to tell her I was thinking of her and hoping everyone in her family was OK. I didn't ask for a reason or explanation. But she replied that her and her husband have been having some problems. I told her I was here if she ever wanted to vent and we left it at that.

So I guess they must have gotten into a pretty serious fight leading up to the wedding. I can understand going alone to be there for your friend but I can also understand not having the energy to go when dealing with something personal like that. But then again she had the energy to go smile and be merry at the bar so that's a little different than sitting home crying.

Maybe a wedding was too much for someone who is having marital problems and who just had a huge fight with her husband. It's a little easier to go to a bar to take your mind off it than it is a wedding. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards